Keep yourself informed!
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:11 am
Very nice app! Thanks again. Weighing out the premium option. Doesn't sit too well with me that you're implementing the use of dowwi.com which claims to be a free service and is to remain so. But turning around and charging us $20 to use it in conjunction with your app. Not a big deal really. Just kinda lame to do that. Just a smidge. Anyhow maybe an addition of a feature that monitors your installed apps for updates would sell me on it. Forgive me if there is such a feature just haven't noticed one yet. Beyond maybe the favorites tag feature. But thanks again!
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:11 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:20 am
theeyefromabove wrote:Very nice app! Thanks again. Weighing out the premium option. Doesn't sit too well with me that you're implementing the use of dowwi.com which claims to be a free service and is to remain so. But turning around and charging us $20 to use it in conjunction with your app. Not a big deal really. Just kinda lame to do that. Just a smidge. Anyhow maybe an addition of a feature that monitors your installed apps for updates would sell me on it. Forgive me if there is such a feature just haven't noticed one yet. Beyond maybe the favorites tag feature. But thanks again!

dowwi are the ones charging us for use of their services, we are not charging for something that is freely available. In other words Mobilism is using a "premium dowwi" version for our users. ;)
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:20 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:40 am
is it going to be the 25th before i can pay and start using the service?
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:40 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:45 am
rlivin wrote:is it going to be the 25th before i can pay and start using the service?

No, the service is live now and can be attained here.
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:45 am

Jun 24th, 2011, 12:46 am
thanks, in the op it says 25th or did. will sign up asap
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:46 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 4:53 am
so it's free to use this app or not?
Jun 24th, 2011, 4:53 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 5:03 am
Curb71 wrote:so it's free to use this app or not?

Yes
Jun 24th, 2011, 5:03 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 6:33 am
Mr FuFu wrote:
theeyefromabove wrote:Very nice app! Thanks again. Weighing out the premium option. Doesn't sit too well with me that you're implementing the use of dowwi.com which claims to be a free service and is to remain so. But turning around and charging us $20 to use it in conjunction with your app. Not a big deal really. Just kinda lame to do that. Just a smidge. Anyhow maybe an addition of a feature that monitors your installed apps for updates would sell me on it. Forgive me if there is such a feature just haven't noticed one yet. Beyond maybe the favorites tag feature. But thanks again!

dowwi are the ones charging us for use of their services, we are not charging for something that is freely available. In other words Mobilism is using a "premium dowwi" version for our users. ;)

but if dowwi gives you unlimited bandwidth for only $30 a year, why are you charging $20 a person? even if you bought three dowwi premium plans for $60 a year, how is that justified by charging $20 a member? i mean i appreciate the app, but the math doesnt add up.
Jun 24th, 2011, 6:33 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 6:48 am
Kenshin07 wrote:
Mr FuFu wrote:

but if dowwi gives you unlimited bandwidth for only $30 a year, why are you charging $20 a person? even if you bought three dowwi premium plans for $60 a year, how is that justified by charging $20 a member? i mean i appreciate the app, but the math doesnt add up.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. We have a partnership with dowwi. They sell an account for $30 but through us you can buy one for $20. We're not buying dowwi accounts and are sharing them among users, each user gets his/her own.
Jun 24th, 2011, 6:48 am

Jun 24th, 2011, 7:00 am
ahh..thanks for clearing that up. i was saying, why dont u (mobilism) just buy ONE dowwi account and use that for everyone on the site? or a couple accounts if the traffic is too heavy? get what i mean? instead of one for each one, just buy one and share it with all. but i guess thats too much traffic for only $30. probably against the rules or something too. i didnt realize everyone is getting their own account.
Jun 24th, 2011, 7:00 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 8:06 am
Kenshin07 wrote:ahh..thanks for clearing that up. i was saying, why dont u (mobilism) just buy ONE dowwi account and use that for everyone on the site? or a couple accounts if the traffic is too heavy? get what i mean? instead of one for each one, just buy one and share it with all. but i guess thats too much traffic for only $30. probably against the rules or something too. i didnt realize everyone is getting their own account.

Im pretty sure the accounts offer unlimited bandwidth within a reasonable range. The filehosts the accounts go through even when they say its unlimited at some point there has to be a cut off. There's also probably something that detects accounts being shared if IPs change too frequently and come from many different locations.
Jun 24th, 2011, 8:06 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 8:16 am
Awesome! I'm installing now, can't wait to try it out!
Jun 24th, 2011, 8:16 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 8:51 am
Great work, bought the premium package as well.
The list view is kind of sober, a screenshot picture or explanation of the app would be nice
Jun 24th, 2011, 8:51 am

He who stands between the 2 worlds...
Jun 24th, 2011, 11:46 am
thanks for the app but unfortunately it doesn't work for me,when i download a file i can't open it although i renamed in "apk"..anyone has suggestions ? thx
Jun 24th, 2011, 11:46 am
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:19 pm
bigsnake wrote:thanks for the app but unfortunately it doesn't work for me,when i download a file i can't open it although i renamed in "apk"..anyone has suggestions ? thx

What app are you trying to download?
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:19 pm