Keep yourself informed!
Aug 13th, 2013, 12:41 am
We have completed a significant round of site performance improvements to keep Mobilism running smoothly as our database grows and number of users increases. The main server that runs SQL has had 8gb of RAM added (bringing the total to 16gb), various server configuration optimizations have been made, and the feature that lets users thank a post has been completely rewritten as it was bogging down our system. A consequence of this is that you will no longer see the users who have been left their thanks but significantly less resources will be spent running it. As a result of the improvements we have also re-enabled the online/offline display next to each user's username in topics. If you encounter any errors please don't hesitate to let one of the staff know. Enjoy!
Aug 13th, 2013, 12:41 am
Aug 13th, 2013, 1:34 am
Maybe the fastest that its ever been (since the 1st year) great job guys/gals
Aug 13th, 2013, 1:34 am
Aug 13th, 2013, 3:25 am
Great news guys....keep up the good work, it's a great site!
Aug 13th, 2013, 3:25 am
Aug 13th, 2013, 5:05 am
It's great just as fast as it was last year.

Weelee and I will miss making coffee, chit chatting and doing each other's hair in between tasks.
Aug 13th, 2013, 5:05 am

Image Image
Aug 13th, 2013, 6:09 am
zackddog wrote:Weelee and I will miss making coffee, chit chatting and doing each other's hair in between tasks.

awwww Wee Zackie...what the hell we gonna do now we aint got time to pop in and play, pffft pffft we'll have to look like we are working again.

Aug 13th, 2013, 6:09 am
Aug 13th, 2013, 6:19 am
I'm new here. You mean this site wasn't supposed to be that sloooooooow? :shock:

Today I clicked, looked away for a second, and saw a new page had appeared!
Thanks for the improvement!
Aug 13th, 2013, 6:19 am

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Aug 13th, 2013, 6:22 am
Great! Now we can move around the site again! Been very slow for a while now. :D
Aug 13th, 2013, 6:22 am

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Aug 13th, 2013, 7:33 am
Thanks a lot for these improvements, guys. ;)
Aug 13th, 2013, 7:33 am

I do not reupload books I posted in Requests section. Please request again.
Aug 13th, 2013, 9:07 am
The site was blazing fast today.. And this announcement obviously explains why.. Thanks to you and the rest of the staff.. And all uploaders.
Thanks, it's very good website.
The faster, the better :D :D
Aug 13th, 2013, 9:35 am
Thanks a lot for the improvements that helped the site speed up but I think there's something wrong with the Thank You button coz most of the times it doesn't work properly.
Aug 13th, 2013, 9:35 am
Aug 13th, 2013, 9:49 am
mehrdadmms wrote:Thanks a lot for the improvements that helped the site speed up but I think there's something wrong with the Thank You button coz most of the times it doesn't work properly.

Like when? Can you give me an example?
Aug 13th, 2013, 9:49 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:37 am
Mr FuFu wrote:
mehrdadmms wrote:Thanks a lot for the improvements that helped the site speed up but I think there's something wrong with the Thank You button coz most of the times it doesn't work properly.

Last night I tried to thank some of the book realeses but it kept saying Invalid Link and failed to thank.Maybe It was just a temporary Error.
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:37 am
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:54 am
mehrdadmms wrote:
Mr FuFu wrote:

Last night I tried to thank some of the book realeses but it kept saying Invalid Link and failed to thank.Maybe It was just a temporary Error.

I had the opposite "problem" last night which I hesitate to mention, but....

Due to an issue with my database, I had to go back and and re-download a number of titles that I had originally downloaded - and thanked for - in the past week. The thank function acted as if I had not previously thanked these releasers and allowed me to thank them a second time. I do hope they got double the wrz$ 8)
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:54 am

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Aug 13th, 2013, 3:20 pm
Disk4mat wrote:We have completed a significant round of site performance improvements to keep Mobilism running smoothly as our database grows and number of users increases. The main server that runs SQL has had 8gb of RAM added (bringing the total to 16gb), various server configuration optimizations have been made, and the feature that lets users thank a post has been completely rewritten as it was bogging down our system. A consequence of this is that you will no longer see the users who have been left their thanks but significantly less resources will be spent running it. As a result of the improvements we have also re-enabled the online/offline display next to each user's username in topics. If you encounter any errors please don't hesitate to let one of the staff know. Enjoy!

amazing news..
thanking for your post...
Aug 13th, 2013, 3:20 pm