How to Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G/3GS 3.1.3Using Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3
Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 can jailbreak iPhone 2G, 3G and iPhone 3GS (old bootrom only) on iPhone OS 3.1.3. It also jailbreaks the iPod Touch 1G and iPod Touch 2G (model number not starting with MC). Baseband 04.26.08 can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w. If your baseband is 05.11.07, GeoHot's blacksn0w will work just the same as it did before.
iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G users check your model number Settings -> General -> About. If it starts with MC don't try any 3.1.3 jailbreak.
First of all grab the correct firmware for your device. Making a custom .ipsw for the wrong device will do you no good. Second, the custom 3.1.3 firmware you create with sn0wbreeze is restored to your device via iTunes. Do not use DFU mode, normal recovery mode should be sufficient. Last and most important YOU CAN NOT restore the custom .ipsw that sn0wbreeze makes on to your device unless you device is ALREADY jailbroken. If you aren't jailbroken thenjailbreak your current firmware (under 3.1.3) using the software of your choice (redsn0w, balckra1n, pwnagetool, wtvr), then create the custom 3.1.3 .ipsw with sn0wbird, then restore it on to your device using normal recovery mode and iTunes.
After you have restored your custom 3.1.3 firmware on to your device you can unlock. iPhone 2G users search for bootneuter in cydia. Users with baseband 04.26.08 search for ultrasn0w in cydia. Baseband 05.11.07 users add the repo blackra1n.com to Cydia and search for blacksn0w.Dot Net Framework 3.5 required for this to work.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... etfx35.exeDownload sn0wbreeze:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E1UBUUXHUsing redsn0w v0.9.4Follow the simply step by step instructions below to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, jailbreak iPod 1G/2G (older models only) on 3.1.3 firmware. You can also jailbreak iPhone 3G with redsn0w 0.9.4 but doing so will make you loose your unlock.
- Update to original iPhone 3.1.3 firmware via iTunes. Downloading and installation instructions for iPhone 3.1.3 firmware can be found from here.
- Start redsn0w 0.9.4 and point it to the respective original iPhone 3.1.2 firmware to proceed. Yes you need to point it to iPhone 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 because redsn0w 0.9.4 is still unable to validate the latest firmware.
- Now select both “Install Cydia” and “Already pwned” options.
- Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 5: At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will have to quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.
- Connect your device in recovery mode by pressing the Power and buttons continuously.
Step 6: Unlock for iPhone 2G Only
- Sit back and enjoy while redsn0w will do all the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone 2G will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken with iPhone firmware version 3.1.3.
(3G/3GS users stop at step 6)
Step 7: Download redsn0w:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JD2K4CI6Back to Index Post
- Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone 2G running jailbroken firmware 3.1.3 by using BootNeuter app from Cydia. Follow the instructions from Step 4 here to unlock iPhone 2G on 3.1.3 firmware.