Aug 11th, 2014, 8:29 pm
So helpful thank you!
Aug 11th, 2014, 8:29 pm
Aug 22nd, 2014, 11:58 am
Something I find very helpful in these cases is "dragging". If you click and drag and see the image ghostlyly flowing around with your mouse, what you just clicked is definitely not the right download button. But if something can't be dragged (your mouse pointer turns into a little "no" sign) then it's probably valid.
Aug 22nd, 2014, 11:58 am
Aug 26th, 2014, 9:34 am
I went to filepom site, it downloaded a virus to my machine automatically. BEWARE. MY MACHINE IS NOW DOWN
Aug 26th, 2014, 9:34 am
Aug 26th, 2014, 10:28 am
This started today on Tusfiles:
Unchecking the box causes an exe file to open in a new page and to start downloading.

This has happened on all the Tusfiles download I have used today.

My browser (Chrome) disables pop-ups and my ad-blocks are up-to-date, but I'm still getting this "yaac" download page every time (not sure of the url as I close the page asap.)

Any suggestion to avoid this will be most welcome :)
Aug 26th, 2014, 10:28 am

~ Check all links before using the "Reupload" button ~
Sep 8th, 2014, 11:09 pm
Does anyone know how to dl from Minus? I'm in a serious loop of evil.
Sep 8th, 2014, 11:09 pm
Sep 10th, 2014, 4:24 am
bikersid wrote:I really wonder about the business model of these file hosters - I know the idea is to try to sell premium accounts, but who on earth told them that annoying free users was the best way to do that? I guarantee that companies who try to get me to sign up by 1) attempting to con me into downloading adware, 2) using captcha schemes which are incomprehensible and 3) make the free download button difficult to find will NEVER see one single penny of my money.

Yes, it's kind of an 'Alice in Wonderland' world, isn't it? I even bought the Mobilism 'Premium Downloader' in my frustration, and find that it works about 75% of the time, leaving me to travel 'through the looking glass' or 'down the rabbit hole' for the remaining books. Sometimes I can find a link that actually works but there's still a percentage of books for which I have to search elsewhere.

I can only guess that these weird 'entrepreneurs' are very young people playing games after school hours or desperate scammers living in some far-off country where such things are occasionally 'successful' . . . though in what sense they're successful I can't imagine. Maybe they scrounge a few bucks here and there and that keeps them going . . .

Anyhow, it was refreshing to read someone actually talking about 'the elephant in the room' with all these weird links and file hostings. I was starting to think that I was the only one who found it a bit like an entry into the Twilight Zone!

Finally, thanks to everyone here who gave tips over the past couple of years. Some have been quite helpful.
Sep 10th, 2014, 4:24 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 12th, 2014, 1:44 am
Thanks for the help
Sep 12th, 2014, 1:44 am
Sep 14th, 2014, 3:08 pm
Thank you for the advice.
Sep 14th, 2014, 3:08 pm
Sep 16th, 2014, 7:39 am
Hmm,
Nice information because most of the time I never uncheck the boxes and download and I thought without check I cannot download a file.
Sep 16th, 2014, 7:39 am

KDP Analytics
Oct 4th, 2014, 2:13 am
Tusfiles and zippyshare are very good
Oct 4th, 2014, 2:13 am
Oct 16th, 2014, 3:05 pm
I have downloaded quite a few .exe(s) but I would NEVER dbl click on 1.
(some sites just throw it down your pipe without any prompting)
thanks for the info guys, may stop me from getting quite so many potentially harmful files :)
Oct 16th, 2014, 3:05 pm
Oct 22nd, 2014, 9:25 pm
meglamb wrote:Thanks for all of the great info!

I feel like I know how to navigate around improper download buttons, but unlimit zone is killing me right now!

anyone know how to handle this?
(Closed Filehost) https://unlimitzone.com/9hrigw2d6d8r/DCoup.rar.html

okay, yaay!! Of course when I post my plea for help, something magically helps.

I'm thinking it was a combination of adblock, and greasemonkey (firefox add on), this is link for the script I used
http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/8199.html
super easy, just hit the install button and it does everything for you.
Oct 22nd, 2014, 9:25 pm
Oct 26th, 2014, 10:25 pm
kludge wrote:
sdsd wrote:I've gotten a virus twice from Hulkload. This last time, all I clicked on was that check box, and it STILL downloaded an .exe file to my computer.

Same here, seems most of these file hosting companies are dirtbags, luckily Google blocked it from downloading. One site even tried to trick me into "updating Google Chrome" and install a virus that way. Most people probably don't realize Chrome updates itself, no need to download an update and getting a notice like that immediately after clicking on a site is a strong indicator of social engineering.

I didnt do anything but some window kept pop up with warning about virus, I had to install and uninstall chrome 3 times now, the last time was 30 mins ago, because I dont like internet explorer, hopefully the problem is over now.
and zippyshare is my favourite site, quick and simple to download.
Oct 26th, 2014, 10:25 pm
Oct 30th, 2014, 8:14 pm
Any ideas for iLivid links, like this one?

http://www.multiupload.nl/QII3AAMBOH (redirects to a http://lp.downloadsetup.net/* link)

Thanks.

merry60 wrote:If you read carefully, what multiupload is offering you is an exe file to install their downloader, just like all the other hosts mentioned in this thread.
Oct 30th, 2014, 8:14 pm

PM me if all the links are down and I'll reupload the files