Oct 29th, 2014, 6:47 pm
I had several questions as to why the site doesn't use a username/password login and instead uses email as logins, so here is a shortened reply for future.

The site uses Mozilla Persona (the guys who make Firefox browser) for simple/fast login and authentication
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/persona/

Basically if you login with a google account: Google tells Persona that some.email@gmail.com is a user, Persona in turn tell our system on login that some.email@gmail.com is trusted, thats it no other data is provided,
It is the only login system on the internet which respects users privacy and security, the likes of Facebook on other hand are happy to tell your world all about your friends etc etc pissing on the idea of privacy, more documentation here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Persona

If you login with any other email, then the 1st time you register with Persona and after that at every login they tell our system that some.email@somesite.com is authorized to be logged in, thats it

The main reason for this choice of login is simplicity and security, our system does not need to worry about account recovery in case of forgotten password, verification emails not being delivered, people using weak passwords, or passwords being hacked and used to upload your naked selfies on the interwebs (apple ahem ahem :D) since no passwords are stored by us.
The only way someone can login as you is if they have access to your email, but if that is the case then you already have much bigger issues to worry about...

The site will never send you an email, tho' in case of any major changes or notices email might be used as a method of contact.

If at some future the need arises to change login systems (for example if Mozilla turn evil) then that will be done with plenty of notices for members.

If you are worried about privacy please use a disposable email! we encourage it in fact.
The site does not record any identifying information nor cares for it nor does it bombard you with advertising or track you with the likes of Google Analytics, your and for that matter our privacy is important.
Oct 29th, 2014, 6:47 pm
Nov 1st, 2014, 2:29 pm
Could anyone please share an invite code to ebook.farm with me?
Thank you!
Nov 1st, 2014, 2:29 pm
Nov 7th, 2014, 7:14 am
mbmbo wrote:
Pritam.talks wrote:If any require an INVITE CODE to ebook.farm then PM me at
pritam.gupta.talks@gmail.com. I have INVITE CODE and share it
with person who needs it . Thank you.

DO NOT CONTACT the above, he tries to sell them which is scummy, send me a pm instead already helped many members from here

That Pritam Gupta guy tried to extort $200 from me, all for an invite code.
Nov 7th, 2014, 7:14 am
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:34 am
Registration is open altogether for a few days for visitors from most countries. At some stage in future the site will close its doors altogether once a certain number is reached.
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:34 am
Nov 29th, 2014, 7:04 pm
I received a rather nasty private message from one of the Administrators (not going to post it to spare him the embarrassment)

Dear admin:
1. If you do not like this thread then delete it, its your site, registration will be closed for good soon enough anyways, making this thread redundant.
2. Don't forget where half of the new ebook entries that appear on this forum ultimately originate from, if you want to make this site less useful go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot.

Several users from mobilism had issues and i signed up to help them, which I have done.

Our models are very different:
Ours involves crowd funding and doing peoples requests and giving them direct links
Yours involves subjecting your users to ads, popups and sending them to nasty filehosting sites which f*ck about more.
BTW for last few months any TRIAL users had FREE instant direct http download of about 900,000 entries [which is about a quarter of the total collection], sure beats rapidshittor > viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=949110
Nov 29th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Nov 29th, 2014, 8:44 pm
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Ebookoid
Date: 27 Nov 2014, 22:05
To: ebookfarm

merry60 wrote:
ebookfarm wrote:Registration is open altogether for a few days for visitors from most countries. At some stage in future the site will close its doors altogether once a certain number is reached.
We have our doors open all the time, never close them and never will, no matter the number we reach. We do not require absolutely anything for registration, which is open to absolutely everyone as you can testify. You are living proof of the kind of open and friendly site we are, I still have to see a single site, especially yours, with a thread dedicated to advertise mobilism.

So when your farm gets to be as open and friendly and considerate as we are, I'll be in a better position to accept your "ahem ahem"s, but for now please spare me.
Nov 29th, 2014, 8:44 pm
Nov 30th, 2014, 11:50 am
ebook.farm did link until today to mobilism from the registration page for last few months, with the mobilism link being above reddit and facebook
Not any more,
There wont be any more posts from me on this site, and no pm's will be answered, you can delete my account and this thread for that matter.
Nov 30th, 2014, 11:50 am
Dec 15th, 2014, 2:26 am
Is it good? How do you get an invite? Does it open for registration periodically or do you need to know someone?
Dec 15th, 2014, 2:26 am

All I require is a THANK YOU! --------------------------------->>

Unable to re-up until further notice. If my links are down please make a new post on Requests.
Dec 18th, 2014, 12:22 am
I have been looking for an ebook farm invite.

There are some books I have been looking for and I was trying to see if I could get them there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you .
Dec 18th, 2014, 12:22 am
Feb 19th, 2015, 3:35 pm
As from today 19-02-2015 ebook.farm says it cannot fullfill requests, due to circumstances out of their control, and the request tab has been taken off.
Feb 19th, 2015, 3:35 pm
Feb 19th, 2015, 4:38 pm
It was really saddening to see the message

"2014-02-19: Requests|Wishes will no longer be fullfilled due to circumstances outside of our control after a year of exceptional service. Thank you for your understanding"
:( :(

I don't know what has happening inside. But indeed this is sad news because most of us found this as a very good if no the best service for new books and needless to say that's how most new books ended here too.

I hope to see this service again and as far as I know there is no similar service (unless someone tells otherwise)
Feb 19th, 2015, 4:38 pm
Feb 20th, 2015, 6:28 am
Any updates on this?
Feb 20th, 2015, 6:28 am
Feb 20th, 2015, 6:51 am
Eek! No more requests?!? I e-mailed support and they said they will continue to add books every day but not take any more requests. I took a look at their last few pages of books added and they were all textbook PDFs and all kinds of weird crap I would never read. So that is indeed a bummer, at least for me. I wonder what happened? It seems odd to continuing crowdfunding books and be open, and adding members but refuse to take requests.

ysgol wrote:As from today 19-02-2015 ebook.farm says it cannot fullfill requests, due to circumstances out of their control, and the request tab has been taken off.
Feb 20th, 2015, 6:51 am
Feb 20th, 2015, 7:04 am
[quote="mstigerlily"]Eek! No more requests?!? I e-mailed support and they said they will continue to add books every day but not take any more requests. I took a look at their last few pages of books added and they were all textbook PDFs and all kinds of weird crap I would never read. So that is indeed a bummer, at least for me. I wonder what happened? It seems odd to continuing crowdfunding books and be open, and adding members but refuse to take requests.

I guess that's the end of new books!
Feb 20th, 2015, 7:04 am
Feb 20th, 2015, 7:55 am
This is most distressing. I used the site for 6 or more books per month.
Feb 20th, 2015, 7:55 am