Mar 26th, 2016, 6:27 am
What is the best way to search for books where the authors first name are only initials? When I do this it seems I get just everyone with the same surname, which is ok if the surname is off the bat like A.J Aalto there is only one author with this name. Try again with A. j Watson and its a welcome new kettle of fish! am I missing a trick where it comes to searching? Is there a way to customise your search? I do know search to use the "search within these results" option, however with some of the results being 4 novels by ..... it makes it harder to find, anyone got any ideas or tips I'm missing?

merry60 wrote:The easiest way is explained in post #279: viewtopic.php?p=2801675#2801675
Always works ;-)
Mar 26th, 2016, 6:27 am
Mar 30th, 2016, 5:04 am
How do i delete a ebook request i posted today

zackddog wrote:You need to contact a member of our superb group of eBook Moderators with the title of the book you requested, and just ask to have your thread removed.

Neither editing, nor deleting of a request thread can be performed by our users; moderator, or administrator permission is needed, for obvious reasons.

Hope that helps! :)
Mar 30th, 2016, 5:04 am
Mar 30th, 2016, 5:47 pm
in trying to d/l a book from tusfiles, i found instructions which tell me:

1. UNtick .......square box = use our download manager

2. click on green button, & it's showing a .rar file

i have several books i'd like to d/l from tusfiles, but i am not seeing the square to UNtick, nor am i seeing anything mentioned re: download manager

~~~~so in this case, do i just click on the .rar file? (it's not a link as far as i can tell) - or do i click on the little cloud icon with the arrow pointing down? or do i click on the gray download button? ~~~~

i hate to be making brain surgery out of this, but i am hoping to get several books i've searched for without getting unwanted virus/malware/etc on my computer

i appreciate any help you might be able to share with me!

merry60 wrote:There are several variations for Tusfiles in the Instructions. I don't know exactly which one you are seeing on your Tusfiles screen, so compare each image in the help thread to what you see on Tusfiles and act accordingly.

As far as I know, that host is using variation #2 at the moment so you have nothing to fear, click on the gray button and you'll get your file. Good luck!
Mar 30th, 2016, 5:47 pm
Mar 31st, 2016, 5:02 pm
merry60 wrote:There are several variations for Tusfiles in the Instructions. I don't know exactly which one you are seeing on your Tusfiles screen, so compare each image in the help thread to what you see on Tusfiles and act accordingly.

As far as I know, that host is using variation #2 at the moment so you have nothing to fear, click on the gray button and you'll get your file. Good luck!
[/quote]

Mar 31st, 2016, 5:02 pm
Mar 31st, 2016, 6:48 pm
never2manybooks wrote:

This is not Tusfiles, it is Userscloud. You'll need the take another look at the instructions and find Userscloud.com.
PM me if you still have doubts after that, and again, good luck!
Mar 31st, 2016, 6:48 pm
Apr 1st, 2016, 1:33 am
This is not Tusfiles, it is Userscloud. You'll need the take another look at the instructions and find Userscloud.com.
PM me if you still have doubts after that, and again, good luck![/quote]

i am so sorry - only part of my post came thru - i have included a screenshot of the popup i got using tusfiles today

Apr 1st, 2016, 1:33 am
Apr 1st, 2016, 1:38 pm
never2manybooks wrote:i am so sorry - only part of my post came thru - i have included a screenshot of the popup i got using tusfiles today

For Tusfiles, you need to click the Download button 3x. The first 2 is for popups, the 3rd one is for the file. You can't avoid the ads. They device it in such a way that even if your popup blocker is on, they bypass it and you are required to click it 3x.
Apr 1st, 2016, 1:38 pm
Apr 1st, 2016, 5:58 pm
devonthe wrote:For Tusfiles, you need to click the Download button 3x. The first 2 is for popups, the 3rd one is for the file. You can't avoid the ads. They device it in such a way that even if your popup blocker is on, they bypass it and you are required to click it 3x.

zackddog wrote:SolidFiles has the same set up, you have to click three times, and the two pop-ups are impossible to bypass. The advantage to uploading to the site (for me) is that I have two year old links still working. And almost zero problems with file deletions by the site.

soooo good to know!!!! i appreciate the information!
Apr 1st, 2016, 5:58 pm
Apr 7th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Hello, I am a new member. I was searching for a specific book and I found it. I found it but the link error comes up when I try to download the book. Should I make a new post requesting the book again?

merry60 wrote:Sounds like the links in the post are dead, so you must send a private message to the poster to request new links. You will find all the information you need for this and many other issues in the Rules, which is one of the links in the opening post of this Help topic. Contact a moderator if you have further questions, thanks.
Apr 7th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Apr 8th, 2016, 7:45 am
I have requested a book it has been on for 2 days and is still showing 0 views although I know people that have viewed it. Any ideas why this might be. Thanks in advance

merry60 wrote:The views have been temporarily disabled: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1499965
Always remember to read the Announcements to keep yourself informed, thanks!
Apr 8th, 2016, 7:45 am
Apr 25th, 2016, 8:50 pm
The most popular ebooks seems to have disappeared from the eBook Releases category. There used to be a way to view the most popular ebooks for the past day, week and month. How do you access this information now?

merry60 wrote:Same reply as above, the top releases have disappeared momentarily because views are disabled and without views, Top Releases has nothing to show. Read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1499965
Always remember to read the Announcements to keep yourself informed, thanks!
Apr 25th, 2016, 8:50 pm
Apr 29th, 2016, 6:30 am
uploadrocket is blocked in india right now. i don't want to post in individual threads of ebooks. please ask posters to post a link in mediafire / dailyupload which provide resume facility for free users. thanks. i am only interested in ebooks section in this regard.

merry60 wrote:Sorry to hear that, but Major Releasers and Moderators are the only posters with a mandatory requirement regarding filehosts, the rest of posters are free to choose. Please see the Rules.

I hope you understand that your complaint has been made by many other people and the only thing that changes is the name of the filehost. Of the two you mention as preferred, Mediafire has suspended more accounts than any other host that I know of, and dailyuploads gets the highest number of reports for malware and pop-ups than any other host that I know of. We can't please everybody, sorry :(
Apr 29th, 2016, 6:30 am
May 10th, 2016, 6:52 pm
Can I request audio books? If so, where do I post a request?

merry60 wrote:Yes, of course. In the request section: viewforum.php?f=72
May 10th, 2016, 6:52 pm
May 16th, 2016, 11:24 am
Why many of the search results return empty threads? For instance, I have looked for a book title, have found the title, clicked on the title and there is no result to show?
I assume some of the links are down...

merry60 wrote:The search doesn't check links so results are not affected by their functionality or lack thereof.
Solution for empty threads:
1. User control panel
2. Board preferences
3. Edit displayed forums. Set all to "Show this forum and all sub-forums".
May 16th, 2016, 11:24 am
May 30th, 2016, 8:22 am
Having no experience in uploading ebooks, is there a list of upload sites which are easy/seamless to upload to? Easy as in no popups, captcha, waiting time, ads everywhere, needing credit card, etc.

I saw the list at http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=947778#p947778 but there is no indication as to which of these are "easier" or "more recommended".
May 30th, 2016, 8:22 am