Aug 1st, 2014, 12:16 am
That's a great thread! I just found it, lol
Aug 1st, 2014, 12:16 am
Aug 15th, 2014, 1:32 am
tusfiles.com used to be an supported download for premium members but doesn't seem to be anymore. No more download arrow and it has several ads that usually have the volume cranked way up. Just wondering if it will ever be a supported download again like Uploaded. It still shows on the list. Thanks.
Aug 15th, 2014, 1:32 am
Aug 15th, 2014, 7:07 am
pandigital wrote:It still shows on the list.

Hi Pandi : Nope not a still here (As it was removed) .... but a "HERE AGAIN"

There were a few wee issues with the host ..... but they've all been ironed out .... and we ARE GOOD TO GO ...
so all who prefer Tusfiles ...the answer is yes, use again, still use :)

Thanks for checking in and your patience
Aug 15th, 2014, 7:07 am
Aug 15th, 2014, 7:16 am
Weelee wrote:There were a few wee issues with the host ..... but they've all been ironed out .... and we ARE GOOD TO GO ...

Great news, that! Thanks to the people who worked to make it happen.
Aug 15th, 2014, 7:16 am
Aug 15th, 2014, 3:01 pm
Weelee wrote:
pandigital wrote:It still shows on the list.

Hi Pandi : Nope not a still here (As it was removed) .... but a "HERE AGAIN"

There were a few wee issues with the host ..... but they've all been ironed out .... and we ARE GOOD TO GO ...

Also, if the blue arrows for tusfiles are not showing up for you, follow this advice:
Disk4mat wrote:tusfiles.com is now supported by the downloader again. If your browser is not showing blue arrows next to tusfiles.com, please go to: filehosts.xml and hit CTRL + R to refresh the page.

Fixed it for me. :)
Aug 15th, 2014, 3:01 pm
Aug 17th, 2014, 8:43 pm
Is anyone having a problem with Uploaded.net. Download arrow is there but it doesn't connect.
Thanks.
Aug 17th, 2014, 8:43 pm
Aug 18th, 2014, 7:51 pm
Hi! While downloading books/magazines here I constantly face a problem, most of the sites are showing the following message:

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to uploaded.net was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured..

Is there any specific reason to it? OR Are these sites blocked in my country (India)?
Sites like - tusfiles, uploaded.net and many more are blocked here.
Now, even Rapidgator is NOT allowing to download any file.

It gets very awkward to request someone to re-up the file just for me. Can you please help/guide/suggest in this case.
Also, I am afraid that if they block zippyshare too (the only working site) what will we do?

Is there any way we are responsible that any site gets blocked? I observed that I downloaded 2 files from tusfile.net for two days and on 4th or 5th day from the downloads I wasn't able to access these sites, they were blocked. Maybe, it's the name of the files which is alerting servers for these sites to be blocked. I really don't know what to do.

I use Google Chrome and have AdBlock, Avira installed, that's all.

Thanks a lot for reading this.
Aug 18th, 2014, 7:51 pm
Aug 19th, 2014, 5:21 am
See the problem here as there are many places something could go wrong and you'd need to troubleshoot them to narrow things down. The download sites seem to be working, so we can eliminate that. A proxy will allow you to get around local blocks, although I would expect blocked sites to have some kind of notification - I know I do, although it will differ depending on where you are and who your ISP is. So if that doesn't work: try other browsers, do a scan with another anti-virus in safe mode, etc.

It has come up a few times on here (and in private messages I've received), but I've yet to see any common solution presenting itself.

Weelee wrote:You Sir are an absolute Gem on this Forum ..... thank you Carcosa :)
Aug 19th, 2014, 5:21 am
Aug 20th, 2014, 3:34 pm
Thanks Carcosa, for the reply and help provided. :) Really, thanks a lot.

I tried Firefox and HijackThis too, but the problem persists. I am unable to log into the safe mode as even after pressing F8 nothing happens. Lastly, I got in touch with my Network provider and asked them about these blocked sites but they said no site has been blocked from their end.

I logged on my PC too but it's showing the same screen as Laptop, really don't understand where the problem lies.

I'm so sorry to bother you with this problem of mine.

P.S. - Carcosa, can you please guide me what should I do now? My next step..
Aug 20th, 2014, 3:34 pm
Aug 20th, 2014, 5:05 pm
A lot of sites now have "type the two words" captchas. I only see a number and therefore cannot pass the captcha. I've tried door + number, brick + number, etc. but none work
Aug 20th, 2014, 5:05 pm
Aug 20th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Recently came across such a site. Since I couldn't see two words, only a number, I typed just the number. And got in!

Leads me to think that those web designers are trying to trick some of the more sophisticated bots… only to end up bamboozling humans too.
Aug 20th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Aug 20th, 2014, 7:52 pm
McJalm wrote:Recently came across such a site. Since I couldn't see two words, only a number, I typed just the number. And got in!

Leads me to think that those web designers are trying to trick some of the more sophisticated bots… only to end up bamboozling humans too.

More likely it is an old captcha text, the numbers (door numbers for Google Earth?) area bit newer than the classic two words (one of which is the Google Books transcription?) and it seems there isn't a check taking place to adjust the text for the different captcha types. The general rule is just: type the words/numbers you see. You can't go much wrong with that.

As it is causing confusion it might be worth finding out the third party source of the captchas and pointing this out to them.
Aug 20th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Aug 20th, 2014, 9:46 pm
bluey1234 wrote:Thanks Carcosa, for the reply and help provided. :) Really, thanks a lot.

I tried Firefox and HijackThis too, but the problem persists. I am unable to log into the safe mode as even after pressing F8 nothing happens. Lastly, I got in touch with my Network provider and asked them about these blocked sites but they said no site has been blocked from their end.

I'm so sorry to bother you with this problem of mine.

P.S. - Carcosa, can you please guide me what should I do now? My next step..

No problem.

Not getting into safe mode, does seem to be a bad sign (although see here).

I logged on my PC too but it's showing the same screen as Laptop, really don't understand where the problem lies.
[/quote]

Is this the page of the download site? If so that would suggest: it might be a problem with your router or somewhere upstream or it could be they both have the same virus.

I've just heard from someone who had the same problem with download sites and they posted their Malwarebytes log on the dedicated forum (where volunteers can spot the problem, although read their guides in this forum first) and are being helped in cleaning up the malware that had sneaked onto their computer, which shows it can be tricky to spot yourself. You can download it to a memory stick (its free) and run it from there, which is handy if something unpleasant is stopping your anti-virus from working properly.

So it is increasingly looking like it might be a virus problem, which is the angle I'd pursue. Follow the guides on the Malwarebytes forum, if that doesn't fix it, then post your log in the forum they have their for this. They should be able to tell you what you need to do next.
Aug 20th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Aug 20th, 2014, 10:25 pm
Thank you soooooooooooo much, Carcosa. Thanks for being so kind and sparing your time. You have explained everything so well. I'll follow through it.

May God bless you, dear. :D

Take Care.
Aug 20th, 2014, 10:25 pm