Feb 7th, 2016, 10:06 am
amanda138a wrote:Is there a reason multiple books by the same author are being uploaded in 1 post.

[...] I just wondered if you could tell me why this is happening as previously if books were not connected they were posted individually

The reason is that the Posting guidelines say so, and the reason for the guidelines to say so —since 2011, if I remember correctly— is that the section changed and grew and we were no longer dealing with less than one page of new releases (±40) but with more than one hundred releases. By 2012 we were already gathering all standalone books by the same author in one post and adding new books to the existing release. We had the massive support of our users, who were becoming increasingly frustrated with all the post-hopping in cases with too many posts by the same OP offering books in the same series or by the same author. Imagine someone posting 50 separate releases with standalones instead of one titled "50 books by".

Please keep in mind that: 1) Our site requires that all new releases must be approved by a moderator before properly categorised, and at the moment the team of moderators have to check and approve 500/600 new releases every day. 2) Uploaders and downloaders see things quite differently and we can't please everybody ;-)
Feb 7th, 2016, 10:06 am
Feb 8th, 2016, 1:32 pm
coffeeandlilacs wrote:How do I delete a post?

In mobilism classic, go to the bottom right corner and click this button:

In mobilism 2.0, go to the top right corner and click this button:

You cannot delete posts in Requests and you cannot delete posts in topics started by other users or topics with replies, so the 'delete' button will not appear. I hope this helps.
Feb 8th, 2016, 1:32 pm
Feb 8th, 2016, 5:53 pm
Thank you Merry I appreciate the reply
Feb 8th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Feb 9th, 2016, 4:40 am
If I found an ebook using Google (and linked here) but it says that the post has been moved or removed, what does it mean? Can we ask for a new request?
Feb 9th, 2016, 4:40 am
Feb 9th, 2016, 7:21 am
msbrightside wrote:If I found an ebook using Google (and linked here) but it says that the post has been moved or removed, what does it mean? Can we ask for a new request?

It means that the links were dead and the user inactive so it was probably reposted and no longer exists.

If it has "gone" then by all means request a new book/link

Our Request section is here:

viewforum.php?f=72
Feb 9th, 2016, 7:21 am
Feb 9th, 2016, 9:35 am
merry60 wrote:
coffeeandlilacs wrote:How do I delete a post?

You cannot delete posts in Requests and you cannot delete posts in topics started by other users or topics with replies, so the 'delete' button will not appear. I hope this helps.

Ok thanks. The only problem is is that there are duplicates of some requests I've made, not sure why. So they should probably be deleted.
merry60 wrote:A PM to a moderator with the links to the duplicates is the quickest way. All done now :D
Feb 9th, 2016, 9:35 am
Feb 16th, 2016, 12:11 am
Under ebook releases by category - fiction, the erotic section can not be marked as read and have the whole category unchecked. or at least on my computer using fire fox it cannot. Below is a link to the category in question. Any help? I look for one author there and it would be nice to uncheck the titles I've read.

viewforum.php?f=1340

Thanks much for any help.
Feb 16th, 2016, 12:11 am
Feb 16th, 2016, 9:43 am
devlish wrote:Under ebook releases by category - fiction, the erotic section can not be marked as read and have the whole category unchecked. or at least on my computer using fire fox it cannot.

In mobilism classic, bottom left corner:

In mobilism 2.0, top right corner > Preferences icon > drop-down menu:

Firefox screenshots, please PM me if you need further assistance, thanks.
Feb 16th, 2016, 9:43 am
Feb 24th, 2016, 6:46 pm
Hello
I know we're not meant to make requests for books that haven't been published yet.
But what countries would that apply to?
I want to request a book that hasn't come out either in the UK or the US, but is available and Australia.
Can I go ahead and make the request?

merry60 wrote:The rule applies to all countries. So if the book has already been released in one country, of course you can request it. Be sure to mention where and when the book was published and include the link to a vendor, if possible.
Feb 24th, 2016, 6:46 pm
Feb 25th, 2016, 1:23 am
How can I follow the posts of only one, specific poster? I like many of the books shared by a particular person and want to follow his/her posts only, if possible. Thank you.

merry60 wrote:You can subscribe to topics, not to posters. But you can click on the OP's profile and use the feature "Search user’s posts", or use the advanced search to find all releases by your favourite poster as explained here: viewtopic.php?p=2741667#2741667
Feb 25th, 2016, 1:23 am
Feb 29th, 2016, 2:22 pm
Why are my browser marking Mobilism as a spam site?

ephemeral wrote:Why is your "browser marking Mobilism as a spam site"? Good question. Also singularly unhelpful. For example, what browser do you use? What message exactly do you receive? What functionality (site access or navigation) do you lose, if any? etc. Help us help you via providing detailed specifics.

You can start by adding mobilism as a trusted site/exception in your browser's security settings.
Feb 29th, 2016, 2:22 pm
Mar 14th, 2016, 4:12 pm
Hello.
I was thinking of requesting some books in a series (this one: https://www.goodreads.com/series/74695-history-of-imperial-china). I'm interested in the last three books, but each book has been written by a different author, so I was wondering about what to write in the title of the thread. Do I just put the name of the series&the numbers of the books I need, and then specify titles and authors in the request? Or do I have to make three separate requests?

Edit: *two* books, thanks PinkWorld! :D

merry60 wrote:It is always better to post one request per book, particularly if the books have been written by different authors.
Mar 14th, 2016, 4:12 pm
Mar 16th, 2016, 5:19 pm
I am having a terrible time with your site. Every time I go to DL a book I get a popup saying I have a virus and call Apple or to install flash or something of this nature. I do have a popup blocker on which does not help. There are a few books here that I would like to get but it is very frustrating. I have followed the instructions listed on the site. Maybe you can give me some help.
I am having a terrible time with your site. Every time I go to DL a book I get a popup saying I have a virus and call Apple or to install flash or something of this nature. I do have a popup blocker on which does not help. There are a few books here that I would like to get but it is very frustrating. I have followed the instructions listed on the site. Maybe you can give me some help.

ephemeral wrote:Be careful out there in the wilds of the www! Please read this post: viewtopic.php?p=1592141#1592141 to help you download with more ease and few popups.