Jul 11th, 2015, 7:49 pm
McJalm wrote:I'm sorry, but no. If you really don't want to step on anyone's toes ;), then you might instead add a note at the bottom of your release to the effect that... anyone wanting to download a single book in a large multi-book release that offers only one pair of main+mirror links can always PM the original poster of that book for a private link to it alone. Most OPs are happy to oblige.

Ok Thanks..
Unfortunately the OP is inactive but perhaps they can PM the person who refreshed the link for the OP, if the post states who did it.
Jul 11th, 2015, 7:49 pm
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:09 pm
SnowyBooks wrote:
McJalm wrote:I'm sorry, but no. If you really don't want to step on anyone's toes ;), then you might instead add a note at the bottom of your release to the effect that... anyone wanting to download a single book in a large multi-book release that offers only one pair of main+mirror links can always PM the original poster of that book for a private link to it alone. Most OPs are happy to oblige.

Ok Thanks..
Unfortunately the OP is inactive but perhaps they can PM the person who refreshed the link for the OP, if the post states who did it.

Then that's a whole different issue. Go to the first post in this thread and click the 4th link from the top. If the OP is indeed inactive, then it's likely the abandoned posts rule applies.
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:09 pm
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:32 pm
OK so I just want to clarify...
This person has been inactive since 2013 and their signature says they are NOT reupping any links.
Now I want to post 1 book from their 30 book set and include it in my large set of series it is part of. So I would include it in mine and then reply to his and say this "single book title" can be found here... and link to my series.. Right?
I appreciate your help very much McJalm
I am glad for the new way of not being allowed to put series titles in a collection... as I now see how it is much smoother for those putting up said series later. :)
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:32 pm
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:41 pm
SnowyBooks wrote:OK so I just want to clarify...
This person has been inactive since 2013 and their signature says they are NOT reupping any links.
Now I want to post 1 book from their 30 book set and include it in my large set of series it is part of. So I would include it in mine and then reply to his and say this "single book title" can be found here... and link to my series.. Right?

You got it, although it's best to specify that the OP is inactive. So I'd make the post below that release something like:
OP inactive. New release of __________ (Book Title and/or series #): _________ (URL)
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:41 pm
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Thank you VERY Much for your help McJalm!
Jul 11th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Jul 12th, 2015, 5:18 am
Hi,

I have a question. I don't know where to post it, so I'm trying it here.

How can I search for a writer with a name "x.y. something" properly?
For example H.G. Wells.
If I type in H.G. Wells in the search box it finds 209 matches with a lot of nonsense results, such as Liz Wells and a lot of other Wells too.
How should I type the name to find only the desired author's books?
This problem only occurs when there are two letters before the name, such as H.G. Wells or A.R. Wise.

McJalm wrote:If you're looking for a particular book, try
TitleKeyword(s) +surname

Other options:
'books' +surname
'novels' +surname
'series' +surname
Jul 12th, 2015, 5:18 am
Jul 12th, 2015, 6:08 am
No, in these cases I'm looking for all the existing books of the author on mobilism. So I cannot type anything else than his name.
But if the name is only "x.y. something" then the search results in tons of useless stuff. :(
Jul 12th, 2015, 6:08 am
Jul 12th, 2015, 7:15 am
crullx wrote:No, in these cases I'm looking for all the existing books of the author on mobilism. So I cannot type anything else than his name.
But if the name is only "x.y. something" then the search results in tons of useless stuff. :(
Please try the method explained above, it's what we do:

Novels Wells
Books Wells
Series Wells

If you still get too many results and want to narrow them down, use a minus sign (-) before the names you don't need:

1st try: Books Wells (9 results)
2nd try: Books Wells -Martha -Dan (4 results)

Out of the last 4 entries, only one of them was not H.G.

NOTES:
  • You can use the Advanced search as an alternative, enter the title of the book as keyword and make sure you choose the option "Post subjects and message text".
  • To find out if a particular title has been posted individually, use: TitleKeyWord Wells.
    However, no results only means that the title has not been posted individually. But it may still be included in Novels, Books or Series.
Jul 12th, 2015, 7:15 am
Jul 13th, 2015, 12:45 am
What if the images I uploaded to images.mobilism.org does not have the mobilism.org logo at the bottom?

McJalm wrote:Not to worry… Sometimes it takes a few minutes until your cache is cleared for the logo to appear on your screen.

Ok, I'll wait and see. Thanks!
Jul 13th, 2015, 12:45 am

Jul 13th, 2015, 3:41 am
How can I track the donations I have received?
McJalm wrote:As far as I know, users cannot track the donations they have received - other than referring back to the "you have received a donation from... " system pms delivered to their inbox. If you didn't receive such a pm for a donation you were expecting, you can ask a moderator to check for you.
Jul 13th, 2015, 3:41 am

Can't re-up dead links. Be sure to log in or register for an account to give a "Thank You" for the posts you like - it costs nothing to do so.

救救孩子……
狂人日記, 魯迅
Jul 14th, 2015, 5:46 am
Regarding requests made for books . . . is it ever possible to edit what you've written?

Although I'm a retired English teacher, and usually double or triple check my work (as i used to tell my students), I've occasionally made typos (on very rare occasions :)).

As far as I can see, the only option is to leave a second message, a reply.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

merry60 wrote:There is no way to edit a request, sorry about that. We needed to make sure that requesters could not modify the details (like the amount of the reward offered) once a download link had been posted. If you need to correct the occasional typo just ask a moderator to do it for you, no need to waste one of your bumps.
Jul 14th, 2015, 5:46 am
Jul 29th, 2015, 5:53 pm
I am so confused. Paid the membership fee , what is the procedure for downloading books
arkonen wrote:Hi,

Please see the following post which explains all about how the premium downloader works: viewtopic.php?p=947778#947778
Jul 29th, 2015, 5:53 pm
Aug 13th, 2015, 3:47 pm
I recently posted but at the subject I can't seem to put a close bracket for the (.ePUB)? Is there a max limit for words in the subject?

merry60 wrote:Yes there is, you will have to find the best possible way for all required parts to fit in the subject: title by author (format). All in the Posting guidelines
Aug 13th, 2015, 3:47 pm
Aug 15th, 2015, 12:52 am
I'm sure I've seen this before and I've done it this way, but I can't get it to work now. I've downloaded a two part PDF. Normally, I click on both of them and "extract them". I've tried this about a dozen times and I can't get it to work. What's the secret password?

Thanks,

Cathy

merry60 wrote:You do need both parts to be present in order to extract the PDF, but you only need to click on one of them and let the program extract the file. There is no secret password, if there is a password at all it must be clearly written along with the download links in the post. For a more detailed explanation, please see this topic: viewtopic.php?p=2587382#2587382
Aug 15th, 2015, 12:52 am
Aug 15th, 2015, 2:05 am
canmus wrote:Can someone help me please.
I'm not sure which the proper button is to download audio books when it comes to this file host "Uploadable"

(links removed)

Thanks.

Just tried it and it began to download (I stopped it cuz am not interested in audiobooks). Procedure I took:
* Click one of the two grey links under Free User
* Enter captcha that comes up
* Click the red Download Now button
Aug 15th, 2015, 2:05 am