Jan 14th, 2016, 7:30 am
Whats going on with ebooks today, when i click on download link it opens to transload the file and then goes on to download the file in the small window with no option to save it ? Linuxmint 64bit cinamon and firefox

Subject: Download Directly with Mobilism Premium

Disk4mat wrote:We've completed a significant update to the Premium system. We switched to a more powerful server, updated the login system, and the subscription system will now create accounts automatically. You may need to clear your cookies/cache/sessions and log in again before you can use the Premium features. If you run into any issues or find bugs, or if your account didn't update correctly, please don't hesitate to PM me.

We're aware of the bug where a pdf file opens within your browser rather than saving. This will be fixed shortly.
Jan 14th, 2016, 7:30 am
Jan 16th, 2016, 4:19 am
I've searched all over the FAQs and haven't been able to find an answer to this. What is the appropriate response when an eBook that has been posted is corrupted and doesn't work? Is it appropriate to post within the thread saying so, do we report the post, or do we message the poster?
Jan 16th, 2016, 4:19 am
Jan 16th, 2016, 4:47 am
sarah_ wrote:I've searched all over the FAQs and haven't been able to find an answer to this. What is the appropriate response when an eBook that has been posted is corrupted and doesn't work? Is it appropriate to post within the thread saying so, do we report the post, or do we message the poster?

The poster ...if no response Contact an eBook Mod
Weelee
Libertybelle
heartbooks77
pink magnolia
jaysee
n0tall0wed
WordDiva
arkonen
njtechguy
emmilina

or our Admin Merry60

If you see one of these names on the board we can help straight away :)
Jan 16th, 2016, 4:47 am
Jan 25th, 2016, 4:13 am
Hi everyone,

I've looked everywhere but I can't figure out how to subscribe to a forum (not just a topic). Is there a way to do this?
Jan 25th, 2016, 4:13 am
Jan 25th, 2016, 8:46 am
Tzar007 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've looked everywhere but I can't figure out how to subscribe to a forum (not just a topic). Is there a way to do this?

You cannot subscribe to a forum, only to a topic. At the bottom of a topic in classic view (top of topic in mobilism 2.0), you see
"Subscribe topic" | "Bookmark topic" | "Print view" | "E-Mail friend"

You can later on "unsubscribe":

User control panel > Manage subscriptions > tick the button on the right and accept.
Jan 25th, 2016, 8:46 am
Jan 27th, 2016, 1:35 am
OK thanks - I wanted to subscribe to some of the ebooks releases forums. I guess I'll have to go there regularly and scroll to check all recent releases, i was hoping to get recent releases info in a more condensed, practical form.

merry60 wrote:I'd say that visiting the sub-forums and scrolling to check recent releases by category is the most practical and enjoyable form. According to the system, when you subscribe to a topic "You will be notified of new posts" in your subscribed, so it might become bothersome to subscribe to a full forum and be notified several hundred times a day ;-)
Jan 27th, 2016, 1:35 am
Jan 29th, 2016, 4:36 am
Are the downloads not working? I keep getting a 500 internal error and then for the past half hour it just hangs there.

merry60 wrote:If you mean the downloads using the premium, please refer to the thread about the premium: Subject: Download Directly with Mobilism Premium. I believe the downloader was being worked on and had to be stopped for a while to complete some updates.
Jan 29th, 2016, 4:36 am
Jan 31st, 2016, 3:17 am
I posted a request today.

Within seconds of my posting, someone posted a bump. I do not know why.

Does this bump count as one of my 2 ?
Jan 31st, 2016, 3:17 am
Jan 31st, 2016, 5:36 am
effstop wrote:I posted a request today.

Within seconds of my posting, someone posted a bump. I do not know why.

Does this bump count as one of my 2 ?

Obviously the person who bumped also wanted the book :) It is a request and they also pay WRZ for it ..so no its not seen as one of your bumps :)
Jan 31st, 2016, 5:36 am
Feb 1st, 2016, 10:35 am
When pressing the blue arrow on a usercloud link, I got the following message

Processing. Remain patient.
Account isn't premium?
Error: You have to wait 5 seconds till next download

I pressed the arrow after the 5 seconds and then again a second or so later and it finally worked, I have noticed that the blue arrow has changed, I appreciate you have upgraded but in some cases the blue arrow won't download I get no message nothing,

merry60 wrote:I am sorry but you are going to have to refer to the thread about the premium, not ebooks: Subject: Download Directly with Mobilism Premium
Feb 1st, 2016, 10:35 am
Feb 2nd, 2016, 9:21 am
I'm getting the message - Error: You have to wait 3 minutes, 5 seconds till next download

Seeing as I haven't downloaded anything for over 12 hours, I'm rather confused

ETA - It's worked but I had to walk away and leave it for 30 mins.
Feb 2nd, 2016, 9:21 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Feb 2nd, 2016, 3:33 pm
Fatima99 wrote:I'm getting the message - Error: You have to wait 3 minutes, 5 seconds till next download

Seeing as I haven't downloaded anything for over 12 hours, I'm rather confused

ETA - It's worked but I had to walk away and leave it for 30 mins.

Same reply as above: this is not an issue for the eBook Help Desk, please post in the thread about the Premium Downloader, ok?: Subject: Download Directly with Mobilism Premium. Thanks and good luck!

PS, here's the new FAQ topic for the Premium system: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1424249
Feb 2nd, 2016, 3:33 pm
Feb 3rd, 2016, 9:29 pm
scottmcgaughin wrote:Hello,

I've been told my PM's to request re-up's are formatted incorrectly, where i include the book title and a link to the item for example, is there a template or a specify way PM's should be requested please?

Could someone talk me through it?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi this belongs in the eBook Help Desk ... not the expired sticky, moved now :)

PM stands for "private message". Just the thought of a private message being incorrectly formatted or needing a template is preposterous. What this person may have meant was to please include the link to the post whose links you were referring to. So if you already included the book title and the link, they were just wrong.

Lee
Feb 3rd, 2016, 9:29 pm
Feb 5th, 2016, 2:32 pm
Help!!! I'm lost. :p

merry60 wrote:"He was lost, and is found." ;-)
If this a "hello, I'm back" please reply via PM.
Feb 5th, 2016, 2:32 pm
Feb 7th, 2016, 12:40 am
Is there a reason multiple books by the same author are being uploaded in 1 post.
Though I kind of understand for a series, it's not without its problems the post may be called the fantastic series and with each new tome the author writes for this series it is just added to the "series" post (though this means you have to remember to search by series as well as book title or author.) This becomes confusing when different members upload books from a series
For example: Books 1,3 & 7 are in member 1's post titled "blah blah" by Joe Blogs (you only find out books 3 &7 are there when you go in to the post). Then book 2 is uploaded by member 2 who just titles the post by the book name and author and only mentions the series in the post and doesn't necessarily link to member 1's post Then to be more confusing yet member 3 will upload books 4,5 & 6 in the fantastic series and label the post the fantastic series by Joe Blogs member 3 may include a link to member 1 & 2 but not necessarily.

But increasingly I'm finding posts titled 3 books by Joanne Bloggs these are not a series or connected in any way just that they are written by the same author the books may not even be the same genre , it makes looking for a book a slightly more laborious job than it used to be and I just wondered if you could tell me why this is happening as previously if books were not connected they were posted individually, it also means that I have to be seriously diligent to make sure I don't double upload, I have to check all uploads named 3 books by Joanne Bloggs which makes for extra effort on my part.

(I hope I've written this post in a way that can be understood there is probably away I could have written it more succinctly but my brains on go slow)
Feb 7th, 2016, 12:40 am