Discuss BlackBerry apps here.
Sep 5th, 2014, 9:36 pm
Hello -

I am wondering if it is even possible to make use of apps found in places like Mobilism if you are running an OS10 Blackberry.

The OS does not support .jar files as it's not a java based OS and thus far, I've found no way to install apps besides using the BlackBerry World that comes with the phone itself - which, of course, makes it impossible to load my own downloaded apps onto the phone.

Is there something I don't know?

Regards,
Sep 5th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Zoticus
Oct 30th, 2014, 8:18 pm
Zoticus wrote:Hello -

I am wondering if it is even possible to make use of apps found in places like Mobilism if you are running an OS10 Blackberry.

The OS does not support .jar files as it's not a java based OS and thus far, I've found no way to install apps besides using the BlackBerry World that comes with the phone itself - which, of course, makes it impossible to load my own downloaded apps onto the phone.

Is there something I don't know?

Regards,

.jar files are for the former blackberry os. The bb10 is operating on .bar files which for some reason are insanely hard to get(the native ones).
Oct 30th, 2014, 8:18 pm
Nov 13th, 2019, 12:53 am
Old thread but im interested. I have some BlackBerry OS10 Apps. Look for more. Any help with this?
Nov 13th, 2019, 12:53 am