Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Feb 11th, 2015, 8:57 pm
Short Stories of Jorge Luis Borges - The Giovanni Translations (and others)
Requirements: EPUB Reader, 811.5 kB
Overview: "Since my fame rests on my short stories, it is only natural that we should want to include a selection of them among the several volumes of my writings we are translating for E. P. Dutton. At the same time, one of our aims here has been to make available in English all my previously untranslated older stories, as well as to offer a sampling from my latest work in this form.

Perhaps the chief justification of this book is the translation itself, which Norman Thomas di Giovanni and me have undertaken in what may be a new way. Working closely together in daily sessions, we have tried to make these stories read as though they had been written in English. We do not consider English and Spanish as compounded of sets of easily interchangeable synonyms; they are two quite different ways of looking at the world, each with a nature of its own. English, for example, is far more physical than Spanish. We have therefore shunned the dictionary as much as possible and done our best to rethink every sentence in English words. This tampered with the original, though in certain cases we have supplied the American reader with those things—geographical, topographical, and historical—taken for granted by any Argentine."
Genre: Literature / Classics

Download Instructions:
https://dailyuploads.net/g8j02lzmhc5q

Last edit on July 26, 2021
Feb 11th, 2015, 8:57 pm