Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Jul 22nd, 2015, 8:29 pm
The Better of Two Men by J.D. Smith
Requirements: ePUB,MOBI reader , 3.2 MB
Overview: My name is Zabdas: husband, warrior, conscience and confidant. I am a son of Syria. I write the history of this country in my own hand and tell the tale of my Zenobia: loyal subject, wilful woman, Queen of the Sands, Protector of People and wife to the King of Kings …

Zenobia has won the respect of her people, she has provided King Odenathus with a second son, while he controls Rome’s eastern legions. With Emperor Valerian gone, it is the perfect opportunity for Odenathus to seize the title “Emperor of Rome”. But the war is not yet won. Zenobia and Zabdas have a revenge to exact, the Persians must be pushed back beyond Ctesiphon, and there are other pretenders rising in the east. Odenathus’ loyalties are called upon once more as he struggles to maintain control and quell the uprising. And his accumulation of power has not gone unnoticed.

“JD Smith's wonderful characterisation and meticulous research paints a vivid and dramatic picture of Syria in the 3rd Century AD at a time when Rome is disintegrating under the weight of its own corruption. The early years of Zenobia, one of the great enigmatic figures of history, are seen through the eyes of her cousin Zabdas, a slave who becomes a general. Zabdas is the perfect narrator and his story follows Zenobia from clever, precocious young girl to imperious manipulator of kings and emperors, from the desert kingdom of Palmyra to Rome and back. Full of passion, intrigue and drama it draws the reader in and holds them to the very last page.”—Douglas Jackson, author of Caligula.
Genre: Historical Fiction

Download Instructions:
http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/5Z9IywuN/file.html

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/1e5045eb
Jul 22nd, 2015, 8:29 pm

♥ PINK ♥

Unable to re-up at the moment so please ask a mod to expire any posts with dead links