Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Dec 28th, 2015, 2:31 pm
The Last Days by Laurent Seksik
Requirements: ePUB Reader, 195 kb
Overview: "He looked long and deep into her eyes. "I'll go first," he said. "You'll follow me... if that's what you want."
On the 22nd February 1942 Stefan Zweig, one of the most popular authors of his generation, committed suicide with his wife Lotte. The final, desperate gesture of this great writer has fascinated ever since.

Zweig was an exile, driven from his home in Austria by the Nazis. Fleeing first to London, then New York, trying always to escape both those who demonised him and those who acclaimed him, he eventually took his young bride to Brazil, where they were haunted by the life they'd been forced to abandon and by accounts of the violence in Europe.
Blending reality and fiction this novel tells the story of the great writer's final months. Laurent Seksik uncovers the man's hidden passions, his private suffering, and how he and his wife came to end their lives one peaceful February afternoon.

Laurent Seksik's book was written as a fiction, but none of the names had been changed, nor any of the major events in the last six months of Stefan Zweig's life, the months from September 1941 to February 1942 represents a chapter. In these six months, Seksik skilfully shows what might have gone through the mind of the man whose books sold more than 60 million copies in more than 30 languages. Zweig and his second wife, Lotte Altmann, lived in hope that the Nazi nation might soon be vanquished and life as Zweig knew it in the Vienna of old would return. Despair won. Zweig was weighed down emotionally by the fact that he was a member of a race facing increasing persecution; that he was the first to flee and the last to survive - all his friends were killed or had killed themselves; that he was most proficient in German, a tongue he had grown increasingly to hate; that he had given up on his God, and more deeply, that his God had given up on His people
Genre: General Fiction/Classics / Biographical

Download Instructions:
http://www111.zippyshare.com/v/Zta4Glvb/file.html
https://1fichier.com/?iwt9xz9frf
Dec 28th, 2015, 2:31 pm

My dead links cannot be "re - uploaded". Those books were lost in a HD crash many years ago. They were not replaced. Seek the book you desire using E Book Requests.