Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Feb 22nd, 2017, 6:00 am
2 Books by Patrick O'Brian
Requirements: .epub/.mobi Reader | 846Kb | Version: Retail
Overview: Patrick O'Brian's acclaimed Aubrey/Maturin series of historical novels has been described as "a masterpiece", "addictively readable", and "the best historical novels ever written", which "should have been on those lists of the greatest novels of the 20th century”.
Set in the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars, O'Brian's twenty-volume series centers on the enduring friendship between naval officer Jack Aubrey and physician (and spy) Stephen Maturin.
In addition to the Aubrey/Maturin novels, Patrick O'Brian wrote several books including the novels Testimonies, The Golden Ocean, and The Unknown Shore.
O'Brian died in January 2000.
Genre: Historical Fiction

Image Image

Caesar: The Life Story of a Panda-Leopard
Caesar is a tale of survival, love, and loyalty, by a young O’Brian who was rightly hailed, even at fifteen, as the ‘boy-Thoreau’. The fascinating career of the literary genius behind Aubrey-Maturin begins here. ‘I dimly felt sorry that I had needlessly killed these two useless things, for though I was hungry I could not bring myself to eat these smelly men.’ Written when Patrick O’Brian was just fourteen, this is the enchanting, bloodthirsty story of Caesar – whose father was a giant panda, but his mother a snow leopard. With the dry wit and unsentimental precision O’Brian would come to be loved for, we see the tragedies of Caesar’s childhood, his capture and taming, and finally his rise to fatherhood under the iron rule of human masters.

Hussein: An Entertainment
A glittering adventure set in India at the height of the British Raj. The New York Times compared Patrick O'Brian's early novel to Kipling's Kim and called it "a gorgeous entertainment."
Published when he was in his early twenties, Patrick O'Brian writes of Hussein: "In the writing of the book I learnt the rudiments of my calling: but more than that, it opened a well of joy that has not yet run dry." Hussein is a young mahout--or elephant handler--who falls in love with a beautiful and elusive girl, Sashiya, and arranges for another of her suitors to be murdered with a fakir's curse. The dead man's relatives vow vengeance. Hussein escapes and his adventures begin: snake-charming, sword-fighting, spying, stealing a fortune, and returning triumphantly to claim his bride.
All of this is set against an evocatively exotic India, full of bazaars, temples, and beautiful women-- despite the fact that O'Brian had never been to the East when he wrote the story.

Download Instructions:
(Closed Filehost) http://filescdn.com/dwpit88j8ufy
(Closed Filehost) https://hulkload.com/249sik5c3ukj
Feb 22nd, 2017, 6:00 am

‘The most important thing in a book is the meaning it has for you’
W. Somerset Maugham