Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
May 19th, 2013, 9:08 pm
Mr Porky's Pledge by Oliver Jackson
Requirements: EPUB Reader, 280 Kb
Overview: WARNING: This book contains material of an adult nature, which is just about guaranteed to offend somebody somewhere.
Mr. Porky’s Pledge is a darkly comic and at times heart-breaking story of **** (he is never named), a demented alcoholic writer living in NYC. His story is interwoven with chapters of a novel he is writing, which amounts to a stand-alone work. We follow **** as he seeks revenge on those he feels have wronged him (which is paralleled in the book within the book), and in the way he interprets the world with his spongy, alcohol-soaked brain.
**** becomes obsessed with the logo on a bag of pork snacks (and the company’s guarantee, which he misinterprets) and strikes up an email relationship with someone at the factory whom he presumes to be the cartoon pig from the bag. His misguided and comic endeavors see him fall through the ceiling of his friend’s office in a masturbating accident, make a softball from a cat’s head to terrorize a little girl, murder a swan and brawl with a Christian puppeteer in Central Park.
The novel **** is writing is an urban fantasy tale of 35 year old stock broker Mag, who is transported back in time to 1989 and into his 12 year old body. Whilst there he uncovers a budding young sociopath’s plot to impregnate a bully with a Down’s syndrome child. What would you do? Save the girl? Stop 9/11? Or just fill your own pockets?
All in, Mr. Porky’s Pledge is a shocking, funny and sad tale of circular revenge, but not in a little girl’s tea party underpantsy way like The Count of Monte Cristo. Here we see that a mixture of idiocy, spite and pettiness sometimes works just fine. Up to a point. Influences of William Kotzwinkle, Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and Charles Bukowski can be seen. It’s sure to become a cult classic, as I’ve heard several people refer to the author as a cult.
Just listen to what these EXCITED readers have to say about Mr. Porky’s Pledge:
‘That’s disgusting. You should be locked up.’ –N. DuBow, Haverstraw NY
‘Uh. . . You’re not planning to show this to anyone, are you?’ –E. Rodgers, Wichita KS
And if that wasn’t enough, here’s what author STEPHEN KING had to say: ‘This is a must read.’ Okay, so he didn’t say it about this book per se, but he might have if he'd read it. Or heard of it. Just buy it already.
Praise for the author:
‘*****’
‘Really loved this book. Never read this writer before but can't wait to see what else he has to offer.’
‘This is a great thriller that keeps you guessing until the last page. [His] multifaceted novel is a wonderful debut with just the right kind of plot twists that keep you turning pages. Jackson is an author to watch, I look forward to his next offering.’
‘Exciting… couldn't put it down!’—Amazon.com
‘*****’—Barnes and Noble
‘*****’
‘This was a good read. Kept the suspense going all the way through the book. Very well written… I will read other books by this author!’
Genre: General Fiction

Download Instructions:
http://fileflush.com/file/10483/jackson-oliver-mr-porkys-pledge.epub.html

Mirror:
http://easyfilesharing.info/en/file/478 ... .epub.html
May 19th, 2013, 9:08 pm

My links are dead? - Please PM me.