Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
May 27th, 2013, 7:14 am
The Entire Predicament by Lucy Corin
Requirements: ePUB/MOBI Reader, 479 kb
Overview: A wide range of bizarre disquistions and turns of events marks Corin's debut collection. The narrator of "Wizened" declares that she "became crotchety" at age 24, wears housecoats and thick stockings, and spies on her neighbors for even the most minor signs of wrongdoing; with distinct Malthusian overtones, she declares that there are too many people, and that she only approves of the couple next door-whom she refers to as "the homosexuals." A similar preoccupation with an ominous future figures prominently in "Airplane," in which a woman explains a flight in every last detail, including the snap of the mesh bag attached to the seat, and "My Favorite Dentist," which juxtaposes the calm routine of a dental appointment with a rash of sniper attacks in Washington, D.C. At times, Corin digresses into an overly affected stream of consciousness ("Mice," "A Woman with a Gardener"), and some moments feel forced, as when a narrator refers to her knowledge that "if she continues to speak, some recognition of difficulty will materialize, as if difficulty is produced from the interaction of her voice with the air it encounters." At her best, however, Corin infuses ordinary situations with powerful and unexpected images, from which she deftly draws a dry, detached humor.

"Pure sleight of hand. How is it done? Come closer, I'll tell you. She closes her eyes and watches the movies playing 24-7 inside the lids." -Susan Reynolds, LA Times

"The Entire Predicament is fiercely strange and written with keen control. You don't read these stories: you undergo them. They are an event that is lived, not an object that is scanned. Language here is a tangible sensation; Corin's words have weight, temperature, odor, texture, bite. Vision and noise invade you. You become anxious. Then you may find yourself pinching your nose, squeezing your eyes, so as not to let this world escape your body." -Micaela Morrissette, Rain Taxi

"If prudence allowed, I would populate this review with nothing but passages from Lucy Corin's mesmerizing collection of stories, The Entire Predicament. My notes are filled with sentences and paragraphs that beg to be shared..." -Chas Bowie, The Portland Mercury

Genre: General Fiction/Classics

Download Instructions:
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/f5f6c660ba/

Mirror:
http://mir.cr/ZDZDKA8V
May 27th, 2013, 7:14 am

PLEASE! I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO RE-UP BOOKS!!!
Pls request in Request area and report so book can be re-released!