Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Jun 10th, 2013, 4:00 pm
Chez Moi by Agnès Desarthe (2008)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 250Kb
Overview: At forty-three, Myriam has been a wife, mother, and lover—but never a restauranteur. When she opens Chez Moi in a quiet neighborhood in Paris, she has no idea how to run a business, but armed only with her love of cooking, she is determined to try.

Barely able to pay the rent, Myriam secretly sleeps in the dining room and bathes in the kitchen sink, while struggling to come to terms with the painful memories of her past. But soon enough her delectable cuisine brings her many neighbors to Chez Moi, and Myriam finds that she may get a second chance at life and love.

Redolent with the sights, smells, and tastes of Paris, Chez Moi is a charming story that will appeal to the many readers who fell in love with Joanne Harris’s Chocolat and Laura Esquivel’s Like Water for Chocolate.

"This lovely book is a cassoulet bulging with lush, delectable descriptions of cuisine and straight-shooting observations on life. Myriam's restaurant has as much to do with improvising ways of living, loving, and finding one's way home again as with eating well. It's a frothy, complex pleasure to linger there with her." --Publishers Weekly

Genre: Fiction,

Download Instructions:
HugeFiles

Mirror:
MultiUp
Jun 10th, 2013, 4:00 pm

I am on medical leave, away from home and my files. Please hold your re-upload requests for my return, ~15 May 2024.

Thank you.