Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Jul 14th, 2014, 4:36 pm
If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This: Stories by Robin Black (April 2010)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 2.1 Mb
Overview: Heralding the arrival of a stunning new voice in American fiction, If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This takes readers into the minds and hearts of people navigating the unsettling transitions that life presents to us all...
    * A father struggles to forge an independent identity as his blind daughter prepares for college.
    * A mother comes to terms with her adult daughter’s infidelity.
    * An artist mourns the end of a romance while painting the portrait of a dying man.

Brilliant, hopeful, and fearlessly honest, If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This illuminates the truths of human relationships, truths we come to recognize in these characters and in ourselves.
Genre: Fiction, Literary, Short Stories Collection

"The stories in Black's solid debut collection are fraught with loss, usually of a loved one. Evocative and lyrical, the characters' introspections, while sometimes overwrought, are balanced by the sharp dialogue. In [i]The Guide, a father takes his blind teenage daughter to meet her new seeing-eye dog and is forced to confront her independence. While painting a portrait of a man with Alzheimer's, the aging main character of Immortalizing John Parker grapples with the recent death of her lover. The title story is the tale of neighboring couples battling over a fence, told from the perspective of the wife with terminal cancer. In Pine, a woman must decide whether to move on from the memory of her dead husband to begin a love affair with her male best friend. Each story is carefully crafted, though Black is at her best when she resists the impulse toward tidiness[/i]." ~Publishers Weekly

Download Instructions:
DropAPK

Mirror:
FilesCDN
Jul 14th, 2014, 4:36 pm

I am on medical leave, away from home and my files. Please hold your re-upload requests for my return, ~15 May 2024.

Thank you.