eBooks that do not fit in any of the other categories
May 6th, 2016, 10:44 am
Monolingualism and Linguistic Exhibitionism in Fiction by Anjali Pandey
Requirements: PDF Reader, 1.1 MB
Overview: With over 7000 languages in use world-wide, how do some languages acquire hegemonic status? What role does prize-winning fiction play in creating linguistic taste and distaste? How are linguistic wars for global prominence literarily and linguistically inscribed in literature? Monolingualism and Linguistic Exhibitionism in Fiction frames these questions within the post-global moment, focusing on the increasing presence of cosmetic multilingualism—or linguistic exhibitionism—in prize-winning fiction. The study offers a timely interdisciplinary-based framework, inclusive of the macro-production of literary commerce, and the micro-linguistics of globalization. Through analysis of multilingual strategies deployed by five celebrated transnational authors of the past decade, this book demonstrates paradigm shifts towards a transparent-turn in 21st century prize-winning fiction. This book will appeal to students and scholars of applied linguistics, multilingualism, stylistics, postcolonial studies and cultural studies.
Genre: Non-Fiction | Literature & Fiction

Download Instructions:
Uploaded

Mirror:
Userscloud
Hulkload
May 6th, 2016, 10:44 am

My bookies. If you found dead links, just PM me to revive. Thank you!
I'm on the way with something for personal life. Please wait...
BTW: Please don't req magazines from over 6 months before