eBooks that do not fit in any of the other categories
Aug 5th, 2014, 9:16 pm
Knitted Toy Tales by Laura Long
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 2.43 MB | Version: Retail
Overview: We all have moments that we cherish forever; stories we were told and childhood games that we played. Toys and fairytales were an important part of my childhood and there are certain toys I will never forget. In fact, I still have toys I could never be parted from. This collection of sweet little knitted toys brings out the child in all of us. By creating traditional toys out of yarn you can make beautiful pieces that can be enjoyed for many years to come.

Each toy in this book has its own unique character, and each has a little story to tell, a story that links all the characters together. Everyone loves stories, and you can bring a story to life with each piece you make.
There are projects in this book for everyone to enjoy knitting, from beginners to more advanced knitters and through to people like my mother, who can knit just about anything! If you are a beginner, I would advise starting with a simple project such as the bunnies (pp. 10–13) or the mice (pp. 62–67). Once you have mastered simple shaping techniques such as knitting two stitches together (k2tog) to decrease stitches, and knitting into the front and back of a stitch (kfb) to increase stitches, you can knit toys to your heart’s content. You can make a whole toybox full!
I am not a fan of knitting lots of components for each toy and having to sew them together afterwards. I like to see the toy develop as it is being knitted. Therefore, my patterns have been created with shaping and using a minimal number of parts. This gives you a three-dimensional effect without all the sewing.
Genre: Non-Fiction | Craft | Knitting

PROJECTS
    The Bunny Bunch
    Bertie and Beatrice the Birds
    Frederick the Frog Prince
    Babushkas
    Three Hungry Bears
    Polly Dolly’s Dress-up Day
    Simon Snake
    Piggies at Play
    Mischievous Mice
    Eddie the Friendly Elephant