eBooks that do not fit in any of the other categories
Sep 4th, 2014, 1:34 pm
Raw Spirit: In Search of the Perfect Dram by Iain Banks (November 2003)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 670 Kb
Overview: Iain Banks is widely acknowledged as one of Britain’s greatest living writers, and as a Scotsman, he knows something about whiskey too.

In Raw Spirit, Iain combines these two passions with a third, travel. Result: a unique journey around his native land: his goal, to find the perfect dram. And the perfect dram, surely, must be a single malt.

Along with a curious bunch of fellow travelers in a selection of cars, planes, ferries, trains, bikes and shoes, he journeys to remote shores and hidden glens, discovering the breathtaking and often inaccessible distilleries where tiny quantities of malt whiskey are produced. He finds people engaged in centuries old tradition where eccentricity is the norm: it's a journey of a thousand 'cheers' and subsequent wobbly walks, of unpronounceable place names and daft customs and superstitions.

Will Banks prevail? It’s a tough job but as he puts it, "Someone’s got to do it, and I’m damn sure it’s going to be me."
Genre: Non-Fiction, General, Cultural, Scotch, Travelogue

"...In the final judgment, it does what every good book should manage to do ... and what a hundred other books on whiskey (and a thousand other books on Scotland) have signally failed to do: makes you want to go for a drink with the author." ~Observer

"Studded with bracing shots of pure insight and eloquence. And he's sound on the scotch as well." ~The Independent

"It's a very readable and hugely informative book, and Bank's gentle humour permeates the pages." ~Time Out

"A beautifully realised fusion of travelogue, social commentary, and drinking guide. Scotland's most famous export is decanted into full-bodied, humorous prose." ~Independent on Sunday

Download Instructions:
Drop APK

Mirror:
HugeFiles
Sep 4th, 2014, 1:34 pm

I am on medical leave, away from home and my files. Please hold your re-upload requests for my return, ~15 May 2024.

Thank you.