All religion-related software
Apr 6th, 2010, 12:08 pm
Excellent additions. Thanks. Anyone know of a version of Pocket eSword that display properly on WVGA devices? The updated copy displays oversized fonts.
Apr 6th, 2010, 12:08 pm

HTC HD2 with 16GB microSDHC
Apr 6th, 2010, 2:40 pm
#556970 by ID
found this by arogers & Neo Cortex at e-sword-users,

I used FontCreator but did it slightly differently which gives results that i think were a little better. You dont have the same control over the font size though so it may be too small for some people. But the font looks clearer on screen. I have uploaded them here if you would like them. Instructions to install them in the readme.txt

Thanks to FontCreator who provide a trial version of their software that made the rescaling of these fonts possible.

The process to shrink your own fonts is:
1. Open font
2. Menu > Format > Settings
3. Change the 'Units per em' to 4096 (or greater if you want really small fonts)
4. Menu > Format > Naming
5. Add a '2' after the original name

Andrew

I downloaded the fonts that were linked to in the post originaly and re-upped them to filefactory. Don't know if they will help you to use pocket esword again as i'm still using axim x51v but others said it made the program useable again. As far as i'm aware this "fix" works with 3.2.0 version of pes which can be downloaded from developer site.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0h3h6h ... eSword.zip
Apr 6th, 2010, 2:40 pm
Apr 7th, 2010, 10:51 am
Okay, seems to work though the fonts still looked fuzzy. I hope Mike will do something to resolve this issue as many users have written in to him. Oh, and Strongs don't work anymore. I think I'm going back to v3.0.1 with the tiny menu icons. Thanks ID for the tips.
Apr 7th, 2010, 10:51 am

HTC HD2 with 16GB microSDHC
Sep 2nd, 2010, 8:57 am
ID wrote:Life Application Study Bible

The Life Application Study Bible is a study Bible published by Tyndale House Publishers. It has been available in a number of editions that use various Bible translations, including the New Living Translation (NLT), the King James Version (KJV), the New King James Version (NKJV), the New International Version (NIV), the New American Standard Bible (NASB), The Living Bible (TLB), and the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) (the latter two translations are no longer published by Tyndale). The study notes differ from a traditional study Bible in that they emphasize living out the principles of scripture rather than simply looking at the historical details of the time-period. Its publisher claims that the Life Application Bible is the best-selling study Bible on the market today. The Life Application Study Bible is also published by Zondervan featuring the NIV but only in leather bindings.

LASB Filefactory: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0gfe3d/n/lasb.cmt

LASB Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmd1yjmyjxz

There are Two files associated with Life Application Study Bible

1. Commentary file:
lasb.cmt
As uploaded by you.

2. Topic notes file:
LASB Personality Profiles.top
This is found here.
...My Documents/e-Sword/LASB Personality Profiles.top

Please Upload that Second file.
Sep 2nd, 2010, 8:57 am
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:12 pm
#637188 by ID
Kerubim wrote:
ID wrote:Life Application Study Bible

The Life Application Study Bible is a study Bible published by Tyndale House Publishers. It has been available in a number of editions that use various Bible translations, including the New Living Translation (NLT), the King James Version (KJV), the New King James Version (NKJV), the New International Version (NIV), the New American Standard Bible (NASB), The Living Bible (TLB), and the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) (the latter two translations are no longer published by Tyndale). The study notes differ from a traditional study Bible in that they emphasize living out the principles of scripture rather than simply looking at the historical details of the time-period. Its publisher claims that the Life Application Bible is the best-selling study Bible on the market today. The Life Application Study Bible is also published by Zondervan featuring the NIV but only in leather bindings.

LASB Filefactory: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0gfe3d/n/lasb.cmt

LASB Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmd1yjmyjxz

There are Two files associated with Life Application Study Bible

1. Commentary file:
lasb.cmt
As uploaded by you.

2. Topic notes file:
LASB Personality Profiles.top
This is found here.
...My Documents/e-Sword/LASB Personality Profiles.top

Please Upload that Second file.

Hi Kerubim. Sorry I don't have the other file that you are requesting. The only file I have is the one which I uploaded which I got from someone else on the internet a long time ago now.

AFAIK I wasn't aware that pocket e-sword had topic notes? There's no tab in the program interface and i've never had any '.top' files for pes.
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:12 pm
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:16 am
Now I know the e-sword bible program modules..
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:16 am

Oct 6th, 2010, 11:22 am
What is a good bible verse for someone that may have cancer? Someone close may have cancer. I am going to the hospital to pray over them, and looking through my bible to see what may be a good, inspirational verse. Any good ones?
Oct 6th, 2010, 11:22 am
Oct 12th, 2010, 12:40 am
This is great thank you. I was wondering if there was a link somewhere to Bible modules not in the cannon. Im really curious about the diversity of original Christianity in the first 300 years, prior to Rome's adoption and dominion to it. I feel the protestants had a good idea, but were not advanced enough yet in the sciences of anthropology and history to accomplish their goals, they didn't even have google. =D
Oct 12th, 2010, 12:40 am

Devices used since on Mobilism:
Note 9, Note 3, Razr Maxx, Droid X, Touch Pro 2, Apache XV6700, Ipaq 3700
Oct 12th, 2010, 2:45 pm
The NLT included with the modules here is the first edition. Does anyone have the 2nd Edition of the NLT for Pocket e-Sword? I'd be willing to donate 10 WRZ$ for it.

Also, I was wanting to get the New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance, but am unable to get it from mediafire. Could someone provide a different mirror (perhaps megaupload.com?) Thanks in advance.

I really appreciate this thread. It's been a great help to me.
Oct 12th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Jan 15th, 2011, 6:22 pm
great idea.. this'll help lots of people bringing bible into electronic viewing..
Why is it unofficial still?
Jan 15th, 2011, 6:22 pm
Feb 5th, 2011, 9:21 am
I doubt we'll have anything new for windows mobile, since Micro$oft has gone to windows phone 7
Feb 5th, 2011, 9:21 am
Feb 5th, 2011, 3:01 pm
Yep, it is true. We are going to the same planet that palm users are living.

Fortunately, we have a great and huge database at Laridian, also with ESV Study Bible: http://www.laridian.com/content/books_c ... LES&plat=1

Unfortunately, they sell it with a very expensive price. Most bibles and commentaries are free (King James Version Bible with Strong's numbers, f.ex.). But they sell it for 15 bucks. It is a real shame. :(
Feb 5th, 2011, 3:01 pm