Book reviews by Mobilism's Book Review team
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:35 am
Displaced wrote:Hey. I'm married to the author of Rainbird. I found this post through google, and talked about it with my wife yesterday.

Frankly, we've got mixed feelings about this--on the one hand, it's flattering, because you obviously felt it was good enough to share with others, but on the other hand...well, it's sales and reviews that we're not getting. And since my wife is just starting out in self-publishing, she needs those. I mean, if she were an established author with tens of thousands of sales, even a hundred people reading her work for free wouldn't mean much--but since her sales are still in the double digits, every one counts. And, incidentally, if she can't make enough selling her books to even make back the cost of having a cover made, she's likely to stop publishing entirely. Since you clearly enjoyed her work, I hope you agree that that would not be a good thing.

Now, we could file a DMCA takedown notice, but really, I don't think that would accomplish anything other than annoying you (and even that, probably not). Instead, we'd appreciate it if anyone who reads Rainbird would review it--on Smashwords, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and/or Goodreads--and at least consider buying their own copy (or one of her short story collections, which are only $0.99 each). The more reviews her works get, the more attention they will get from other customers--and thus (hopefully) more sales, enabling her to keep publishing.

Thanks.

I commit to do the Mobilism review, it should follow shortly after the other one (Replay) that I've committed to.
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:35 am
Oct 29th, 2012, 5:14 pm
ptb4life wrote:Replay by Ken Grimwood. Fantastic book that deserves a bigger audience.

merry60 wrote:hmorphone has offered to take this one.

Here you go ptb4life - Replay
Oct 29th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Oct 30th, 2012, 4:59 pm
hmorphone wrote:
Displaced wrote:Hey. I'm married to the author of Rainbird. I found this post through google, and talked about it with my wife yesterday.

Frankly, we've got mixed feelings about this--on the one hand, it's flattering, because you obviously felt it was good enough to share with others, but on the other hand...well, it's sales and reviews that we're not getting. And since my wife is just starting out in self-publishing, she needs those. I mean, if she were an established author with tens of thousands of sales, even a hundred people reading her work for free wouldn't mean much--but since her sales are still in the double digits, every one counts. And, incidentally, if she can't make enough selling her books to even make back the cost of having a cover made, she's likely to stop publishing entirely. Since you clearly enjoyed her work, I hope you agree that that would not be a good thing.

Now, we could file a DMCA takedown notice, but really, I don't think that would accomplish anything other than annoying you (and even that, probably not). Instead, we'd appreciate it if anyone who reads Rainbird would review it--on Smashwords, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and/or Goodreads--and at least consider buying their own copy (or one of her short story collections, which are only $0.99 each). The more reviews her works get, the more attention they will get from other customers--and thus (hopefully) more sales, enabling her to keep publishing.

Thanks.

I commit to do the Mobilism review, it should follow shortly after the other one (Replay) that I've committed to.

Here you go Displaced - Rainbird
Oct 30th, 2012, 4:59 pm
Oct 31st, 2012, 7:12 pm
figuranta wrote:Creed by Kristen Ashley

thx

I downloaded this and will get down to it pretty soon.
Oct 31st, 2012, 7:12 pm
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Intwine series by Christina Moss
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Dec 19th, 2012, 3:44 am
Dune series by Frank Herbert. Compare Dune series by Kelvin J Anderson + Brian Herbert, and conclude which is better, with reasoning as to why that author is the better.
Dec 19th, 2012, 3:44 am
Jan 10th, 2013, 2:03 am
pratikpatilict wrote:Night Circus by Erin Morgenstren

I'll take this one on
Jan 10th, 2013, 2:03 am
Jan 12th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Robert Jordan - [Wheel of Time 01] - The Eye of the World
Too many reviews on this one can I get a honest review on this I am sure some of you have tried it I want a indepth view on the characters please
6000+ views on the request for book 14 whats the fuss about? :-)
Thank you
Jan 12th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Jan 29th, 2013, 3:37 am
Mourning Cloak by Rabia Gale

Review pending after The Night Circus related to request recieved via PM.
Jan 29th, 2013, 3:37 am
Feb 1st, 2013, 2:25 pm
hmorphone wrote:
pratikpatilict wrote:Night Circus by Erin Morgenstren

I'll take this one on

Here you go pratikpatilict - The Night Circus
Feb 1st, 2013, 2:25 pm
Feb 3rd, 2013, 7:46 pm
Blood Song (Raven's Shadow #1) by Anthony Ryan
I like fantasy fiction. This novel has got a lot of praise. Just want to confirm it from avid readers.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 7:46 pm
Feb 5th, 2013, 10:58 pm
Disconnect [Divided Worlds #1] by Imran Siddiq

A book with little reviews. I forgot how I bumped into it at this time, but while I was exploring GoodReads again, I found that it could be read for free on the site (GoodReads) itself (and I don't remember it being that way before). So, I'm guessing it might be some sort of promotion move by the site or maybe the author themselves? I would like to review it myself, except I don't review very well without sounding a little er, mean, I guess would be the word...and I'm occupied reading some other books at the moment (yes I read books I want to read in a certain order). Would appreciate it if someone else could read and review this book instead.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the long note. xP
Feb 5th, 2013, 10:58 pm
Feb 19th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Ballad of the Whiskey Robber: A True Story of Bank Heists, Ice Hockey, Transylvanian Pelt Smuggling, Moonlighting Detectives, and Broken Hearts : by Julian Rubinstein .
i was hooked by title and when i read it it smashed me.whoa!.it's supposed to be non fiction truth but what is fiction in front of it.ithis book proves sometimes truth is stranger then fiction.
as another reviewer said : "This is a grand Thriller perhaps first of a genre"
Feb 19th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Retired.Don't Ask me For Re-ups. Feel Free To Add Mirrors

We Are Pirates Not Thieves.Thieves Are Found In Parliament.
Mar 1st, 2013, 3:43 am
where's the groom by sophie meyer
Mar 1st, 2013, 3:43 am