Chick lit, historical, contemporary, fantasy, time-travel, paranormal romance
Aug 29th, 2014, 12:43 am
2 Books by Anna Gavalda
Requirements: ePUB reader, 840 kb
Overview: Referred to by Voici magazine as "a distant descendant of Dorothy Parker", Anna Gavalda was born in an upper-class suburb of Paris. While working as French teacher in high school, a collection of her short stories was first published in 1999 under the title "Je voudrais que quelqu'un m'attende quelque part" that met with both critical acclaim and commercial success, selling more than three-quarters of a million copies in her native France and winning the 2000 "Grand Prix RTL-Lire." The book was translated into numerous languages including in English and sold in twenty-seven countries. It was published to acclaim in North America in 2003 as "I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere." The book received much praise and is a library and school selection worldwide in several languages.
Divorced, and the mother of two, Gavalda lives in the city of Melun, Seine-et-Marne, about 50 km southeast of Paris. In addition to writing novels, she also contributes to Elle magazine.
Genre: Contemporary French Fiction

ImageImageImage

French Leave
Simon, Garance and Lola flee a family wedding that promises to be dull to visit their younger brother, Vincent, who is working as a guide at a château in the heart of the charming Tours countryside. For a few hours, they forget about kids, spouses, work and the many demands adulthood makes upon them and lose themselves in a day of laughter, teasing, and memories. As simply and as spontaneously as the adventure began, it ends. All four return to their everyday lives, carrying with them the magic of their brief reunion. They are stronger now, and happier, for having rediscovered the ties that bind them.

Consolation
An international bestseller and French publishing sensation Consolation is a dazzling, heartbreaking tale of one man, two remarkable women and an unforgettable transvestite.
Charles Balanda is forty-seven; a successful architect, he is constantly on the move. But from the moment he hears about the death of the woman he once loved - Anouk, the tragically big-hearted mother of a childhood friend - his life begins to unravel until, one day, he finds himself on a Paris pavement covered in blood. But fate brings him one final chance to be happy in Kate, an enchanting young woman, herself damaged but fearless and in love with life.
The resulting story is a triumphant, spellbinding and ultimately consoling novel about the power of a second chance.

Someone I Loved (PDF)
Anna Gavalda's Someone I Loved is a hauntingly intimate look at the intolerably painful, yet occasionally valuable consequences that adultery can have on a marriage and the individuals involved.
Once he discovers that his son Adrien has left his wife Chloe, along with their two adorable daughters, the normally removed Pierre Dippel steps in to rescue the girls, driving them from Paris to his rustic country house for some much needed rest and reflection. While the girls watch cartoons and run around in "You're a Barbie Girl" sneakers, Chloe and Pierre discover a bond they never knew existed. As Chloe comes to terms with her abandonment, Pierre confesses his own adulterous affair, years earlier, with a translator living in Hong Kong. In the shadow of the story is Suzanne, Pierre's status-conscious wife who pardoned his actions in order to live a socially-acceptable life. As the days go on and the hours get later, it becomes apparent that Pierre is filled with regret over losing the one woman he ever truly loved ("Every day you have to fight a bit. A little bit each day, with the courage to be yourself, to decide to be happ--..."), while Chloe is forced to confront the raw anger she feels over losing the life she had grown to love.

Short in length, yet long in substance, Someone I Loved ends like most great love affairs, forever leaving you wanting just one more moment. --Gisele Toueg

Download Instructions:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ce049cc8

Someone I Loved (PDF)
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/a799f59f12/Someone_I_Loved_-_Anna_Gavalda.pdf

Mirror:
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/78e19bc55d/

Someone I Loved (PDF)
https://www.tusfiles.com/9dr5h9p9siji
Aug 29th, 2014, 12:43 am
Sep 8th, 2014, 4:44 pm
I added Someone I Loved.
This is the book that introduced me to this wonderful author. I normally don't like books that dig into male-female relationships, esp the tortured ones but I only bought this one because her name caught my eye. Anyone with such a unique name has to be a great writer :lol:

And WHAT A BOOK! It's short and sparse yet very full. She has a way of filling in the blanks between the words. Only great writers can do that.
Sep 8th, 2014, 4:44 pm