Speculative fiction, alternative worlds, futuristic, supernatural, horror
Sep 22nd, 2012, 4:50 pm
Surviving the Dead Series by James Cook
Requirements: ePUB, MOBi Reader, 3.52MB
Overview: James N Cook is a martial arts enthusiast, six-year veteran of the United States Navy, and a self-avowed reading addict. He works full time as an investment advisor, and enjoys hiking, camping, backpacking, and anything involving travel. He has visited more than a dozen countries, and has called Chicago, San Diego, and Charlotte NC home. He is the author of No Easy Hope, his debut novel, and the first volume of the Surviving the Dead series. He lives in Charlotte with his wife, son, two dogs, and a cat that is barely aware of his existence.
Genre: Horror

ImageImageImage

No Easy Hope My name is Eric Riordan. Once, I was a wealthy man leading a comfortable, easy life. Then my old friend Gabriel told me how the world would end. Gabriel tried to help me. He taught me everything he learned as a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps. All the hard lessons from years spent in the sand choked battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan. I did everything I could to prepare. I thought I was ready.

I was wrong.

When the Outbreak came, it destroyed everything. The dead rose to consume the living, and all that mankind spent so many millennia working to build was laid to waste in a matter of months. The undead spared no one, leaving only ashes and death in their wake.

For those of us still alive, every single day is a struggle. In spite of the danger, and the darkness, I still believe there is a chance that the human race can rebuild. If I can make my way North and enlist Gabriel’s help, maybe we can find enough people to start over again. It won’t be easy, though. I have to make my way across the ruins of the old world, and along the way my will to live, my humanity, and my very soul will be tested.

I have food, I have a pickup truck, and I have my trusty rifle. Most importantly, I have hope. Hope is a powerful thing, but I will need much more than that if I am to survive the dead.

This is the beginning. This is my story.

This Shattered Land Eric Riordan doesn't look for trouble, but trouble has a way of finding him.

Two years have passed since the Outbreak. After joining forces with his friend Gabriel he has managed to stay alive by fleeing to the peaks of the Appalachian mountains. With supplies running low, and enemies gathering, the two survivors are forced to begin their journey west to Colorado.

Along the way they will find unexpected allies, reunite with old friends, and make deadly new enemies. As difficult as life has been, the most dangerous times lie ahead.

Nothing is ever easy at the end of the world.

The Passenger While this was released after The Warrior Within (Book 3 of Surviving the Dead), it is not Book 4 in the series. It is related and some of the characters were in the first book in the series, No Easy Hope. It is more of a supplemental reading to the series.

During the Outbreak, like billions of others, a man finds himself infected with the Phage. Desperate to spare his family from watching him become a walking nightmare, he flees. Soon after, he is dead.

Two years later, he wakes up.

Not in the afterlife, but in his own body. Trapped, unable to control the monster that carries him, and forced to witness the horror of its existence.

A hundred miles away, Sergeant Ethan Thompson thinks he has seen the worst the apocalypse has to offer.

He is wrong.

Following the trail of a dying madman, he will embark on a journey of vengeance that will test the limits of his sanity. Along the way, he will learn that there is no justice at the end of the world. There is only the living and the dead, and in between, there is The Passenger.

Download Instructions:
Download

Mirror:
Download

Links updated 2-15-23

Book 3, Warrior Within
Sep 22nd, 2012, 4:50 pm

ImageImage
Dec 29th, 2013, 10:04 pm
Added The Passenger
Dec 29th, 2013, 10:04 pm

ImageImage