From Tom Sawyer to Harry Potter to Katniss Everdeen, the novels that made us fans of books and of the words within.
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:27 am
The Dolphin Child Trilogy by James Carmody (Books 1-3)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 912.5 KB
Overview: James Carmody is the author of 'The Girl Who Dreamt of Dolphins' and 'Dolphin-Child'. Both books are part of the Dolphin-Child Trilogy that I am writing about a girl called Lucy Parr and the special ability she has to communicate with a dolphin called Spirit. I was born in 1967 and so am in my mid forties . I live in London with my wife and daughter. I was inspired to write about dolphins when we visited Zanzibar (off the coast of Tanzania) in the summer of 2010. We went on a dolphin watching trip one day from a small village down the coast from Stone Town. I thought that this would be an amazing experience in which we swam with dolphins who would come up to us and greet us. Instead there were any number of tourist boats pursuing a pod of dolphins. Every time dolphins would surface, the boats would all buzz over to them them and all the tourists would pile into the water to be able to say that they had swum with dolphins. I felt rather uncomfortable about the whole experience and felt that we were harassing the dolphins more than communing with them. Afterwards I thought, 'What if it really were possible to communicate with dolphins?'
Genre: Fiction, Children’s books

Image Image Image

Book 1: The Girl Who Dreamt of Dolphins
What if you could speak to a dolphin? Twelve year old Lucy Parr has dreamt of dolphins all her life. One evening she overhears her Aunt Bethany telling her Dad that Lucy has a special gift. What is it and why was her dad so opposed to her love of the dolphins and the sea? Could it be something to do with her mother? Not long after Lucy is amazed to discover that the dolphins she dreams about are real, and that she can reach out with her mind and actually speak to a young dolphin called Spirit. Longing to escape her father’s strict but absent upbringing and to find out who she really is, Lucy decides to run away to visit Bethany in Cornwall. When Spirit’s pod off the Cornish coast learn of his special connection with Lucy, the leader of the pod called Storm forbids him from taking his coming-of-age swim. Spirit is determined to prove himself though and escapes anyway to take this right of passage and earn the respect of the pod. When Spirit is disorientated by a jet-ski rider, he becomes trapped in the coils of a discarded steel rope. Can Lucy find a way to save Spirit before it was too late?

Book 2: Dolphin Child
A few months after she saves Spirit's life, Lucy is surprised but grateful that her father allows her to stay with her aunt Bethany down in Cornwall during the summer holidays. She is able to spend real time with Spirit who, like her, is learning to overcome the loss of his own mother. Observed one morning by a strange boy while Lucy swims with dolphins, she spots him later the same day being bullied by a group of local kids. When Paul tells Lucy he knows about a dolphin trapped in a secret lagoon, she doesn’t know whether to believe him, but her recurring dream of lonely dolphin trapped in murky waters troubles her. When Lucy discovers the disturbing story of an eighteen-century Dolphin Child called Susan Penhaligon, Lucy begins to understand why Paul’s mother is so unfriendly to her. At the same time Spirit’s discovery of a pod with human names makes him wonder what really happened to the children that Susan Penhaligon led out to sea that day. Lucy and Paul become joined in their quest to save the lone dolphin in the lagoon. Will Paul’s desire to escape the local bullies and to become a Dolphin Child too lead to a tragic repetition of Susan Penhaligon’s fate? What is the link between the trapped dolphin and Spirit? Read this compelling adventure to find out.

Book 3: Midnight Dolphin
This is the last book in the Dolphin Child Trilogy in which Lucy finally learns her fate, and that of her mother Megan. As Christmas approaches, will she find the Trinity Caves in time and discover their secret?

Download Instructions:
filescdn

Mirror:
tusfiles
solidfiles
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:27 am

Please PM me if ALL the links are dead, thank you! 8)