Dec 30th, 2016, 5:13 am
Hi was wondering if any of you could suggest YA or NA books on strong females in guy dominated situations, ie those that play sports, involved in military etc.
Examples of such that I have discovered: Pretty tough series, rite of passage, grace faltrain.
Thanks a bunch
Dec 30th, 2016, 5:13 am
Jan 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am
Not sure if they are what you want but check out Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar and Kulti by Mariana Zapata.
Jan 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am
Jan 9th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Thank you for the reply. I liked Kulti
Jan 9th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Feb 14th, 2017, 2:32 am
Chyna's Autobiography. first ever female IC champion.
Feb 14th, 2017, 2:32 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT,AND CAN AFFORD IT, BUY IT.
Apr 25th, 2017, 12:49 am
I immediately thought of Battle Dress by Amy Efaw. It's about a girl who attends West Point.
Apr 25th, 2017, 12:49 am

PM me if links are dead.
Please click "Thank You" if you like what I shared.
Support authors - if you like it, buy it.
Jul 25th, 2017, 10:25 pm
You might like the Jacky Faber books by L.A. Meyer. It's about a 19th century English street urchin who disguises herself as a boy and gets herself hired onto a Navy ship just so she'll have food and a safe place to sleep, and gradually she works her way up to having other adventures. The series gets a little hook-up heavy as it wears on, but they're fun books.
Jul 25th, 2017, 10:25 pm
Jul 28th, 2017, 8:31 pm
The first books that came to mind are Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small novels. They're fantasy, but I really like them.
Jul 28th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Sep 12th, 2017, 4:48 am
I don't read enough American novels to recommend any strong female leads, but I do read enough Chinese novels to recommend a few that I thought had strong female leads (you can find English translations online at novel-updates too) that you might like.

+ My Disciple Died Yet Again by Mrs. Ago
Female lead sometimes depends on the male lead, but it's mostly herself that she depends on. She does all the saving by herself when she's in dangerous situations. Romance isn't a big factor here, but it's there. This novel also makes fun of xianxia (sort of an immortal fantasy genres) novels and Mary Sue characters. :lol: There's an English translation for this novel, but it's still being translated. The novel is finished in it's original language.

+ Accompanying the Phoenix by Jiu Lu Fei Xiang
My review can be found here: link

+ 1/2 Prince by Yu Wo
This is a gender-bender novel. The female lead basically plays as a male character in a game world. There's lots of twist and funny antics going on in this novel. Romance is also not a big factor for this novel. This novel is more of a comic relief type of story, so if you need anything to brighten your day - this is the novel for you. There's even a manhua (comic) adaption from this novel, with the same name. The artist of the manhua (comic) version is by Choi Hong Chong. English translations for this novel is already completed online, if you're still interested in reading it.

+ Demon Wang’s Golden Favorite Fei by La Mi Tu
The female lead is on par with the male lead here and that's what I like about this novel. She has lot's of persona's and skills (includes fighting, poison making, medicine doctor, designer for clothes and jewelry, business womyn). There's English translations, but it's still being worked on. The novel is complete in Chinese and you can find the raws online if you just want to skip to the ending. This novel is more about Palace politics and be forewarned: there's crazy sh*t in here. You'll feel disgusted by some of the things that will happen later into the novel. Those crazy things aren't done by the leads, but side characters. You can skip those certain chapters when they do come up since they're not that important. :lol:
Sep 12th, 2017, 4:48 am

If all links are dead, please PM me w/ the thread link.Image :)
Sep 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm
Pretty much anything by Tamora Pierce. All of her books have really strong young female leads.

Veronica Roth's Divergent series (depends on the age of the reader whether you'd deem it YA)
Michelle Sagara - Chronicles of Elantra series
NOT ALLOWED - Darkest Minds series
Sep 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm
Sep 9th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Jaymin Eve's Hive trilogy
Jennifer's Estep Black Blade trilogy
J.A. Sutherland's Alexis Carew series
Christina Bauer's Angelbound series

I've got a couple more on my Kindle but I can't remember those authors now. I'll post if I find them.
Sep 9th, 2018, 11:33 pm
May 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm
This isn't a novel but I recommend the book "Are Women the Stronger Sex" by Josette Sona for every teenage girl/woman.

I loved it so much I made the cover my avatar! :D

I'm thinking of uploading it to this website but until I do, you can download it for free from Smashwords. 8)
May 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm