Mar 26th, 2017, 12:55 am
I can't remember the title and wanted to reread it so much.

The hero is a nobility-- a duke, I think, and a rake. And the heroine is a bluestocking and an inventor who is interested in aircraft or flying machine, which she, eventually created one. Then, on testing it, she was able to fly the machine for a few minutes before it crashed, in which she was hurt and lead unconscious for a few days. I think, she and the hero were married by this time, that the hero burns all her notes and the machine as well. Meanwhile, the heroine is still unconscious that they have to insert a tube into her mouth for her to survive, courtesy of the hero's headgroom who did the same procedure to his horse when it was badly injured.

I really cant remember the title and author of this book as well as the characters names. Help please.
Mar 26th, 2017, 12:55 am
Mar 26th, 2017, 4:09 am
The only one I can think of that partially matches your description is Dragons and Dirigibles, the 7th book in Cindy Spencer Pape's Gaslight Chronicles series. It has a female inventer who is test-flying her new dirigible when she crashes on the property of the Earl of Blackwell, who doesn't like her unladylike occupation. I don't recall anything about them being married, however, though her machine is burned as an act of sabotage by an enemy so this may or may not be the one you are looking for. Here's the book blurb in case it helps you determine if it's the right one or not:

When airship engineer Melody MacKay’s dirigible explodes and plunges her into the yard of a gothic manor, she suspects foul play. With her ankle injured—an indignity far too feminine for her taste—she resolves to crack the mystery while in the care of Victor Arrington, the stuffy-yet-disarming Earl of Blackwell.

Ex-Royal Navy Captain Victor Arrington runs a tight house and is on a mission to protect his niece and foil a ring of smugglers using fire-breathing metal dragons. He has no time for romantic attachments. Particularly not with women who fall from the sky wearing trousers and pilot’s goggles.

As he and Melody navigate a treachery so deep it threatens the lives of everyone in Black Heath, the earl becomes unexpectedly attached to his fiery houseguest, and Melody discovers a softness in her heart for him. But when the smugglers strike, there’s more at risk than just their future together.
Mar 26th, 2017, 4:09 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Apr 6th, 2017, 12:12 pm
Laura Kinsale, I think is "midsummer moon"
Apr 6th, 2017, 12:12 pm