Jun 14th, 2014, 4:43 pm
I downloaded a book and didn't realise it needed a password until I tried to unzip it. The file says it's a TSB.rar and comes up with no proper book title other than TSBPACB. If it did I could find it myself. I usually check for passwords but I downloaded it rather late at night a few days ago and I completely forgot to make a note of it.

If anyone knows this file please let me know.
Jun 14th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Please say no to animal abuse. It can change the world.
Jun 14th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Did you try looking it up in your browser history?
Jun 14th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Jun 16th, 2014, 7:18 am
A few weeks ago somebody else had this same problem and found the book after posting here: Subject: eBook Help Desk

I believe the solution involved using Google custom search to look inside posts to find the name of the rar, which Mobilism's search can't do. You could ask the user for more information in a private message or try your luck yourself, here is the link for the Custom search:

https://www.google.com/cse?cx=007640456958190664848%3A-oh1odvwcd8&ie=UTF-8&q=#gsc.tab=0
Jun 16th, 2014, 7:18 am
Jun 16th, 2014, 8:25 am
marlap wrote:Did you try looking it up in your browser history?

My browser deletes history after I close the browser due to the fact that too many cookies etc chugs my net (in rural Australia - our net really sucks). And, yes I admit that I should have kept open until I had unzipped the files, but I honestly forgot about it. It's hard to remember and keep focused when your house is rather hectic. ^^;

NovaPhoenix wrote:A few weeks ago somebody else had this same problem and found the book after posting here: Subject: eBook Help Desk

I believe the solution involved using Google custom search to look inside posts to find the name of the rar, which Mobilism's search can't do. You could ask the user for more information in a private message or try your luck yourself, here is the link for the Custom search:

https://www.google.com/cse?cx=007640456958190664848%3A-oh1odvwcd8&ie=UTF-8&q=#gsc.tab=0

I just tried the Google custom search and none of the ones that popped up were what I was after - but I will try the help desk - thank you!
Jun 16th, 2014, 8:25 am

Jun 16th, 2014, 10:50 am
Have you tried 'mobilism' as a password?
Jun 16th, 2014, 10:50 am
Jun 16th, 2014, 11:02 am
jaysee wrote:Have you tried 'mobilism' as a password?

Just now tried that - no luck :(
I thought it would work but it just created what I call a false file or unfinished file that has 0 bytes and can't really be opened or if it does the program comes up with "cannot read".

Thank you.
Jun 16th, 2014, 11:02 am

Jun 16th, 2014, 12:26 pm
What is the title / author of the book? Maybe someone can find a link for another download.
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:26 pm
Jun 16th, 2014, 1:00 pm
marlap wrote:What is the title / author of the book? Maybe someone can find a link for another download.

If I knew that I could have done it myself ^^; I honestly cannot remember as I downloaded it on the 11th and whomever uploaded it did not add any other information than what I put up.
Jun 16th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Jun 17th, 2014, 2:56 am
jaysee wrote:Have you tried 'mobilism' as a password?

So close - turns out it was "mobilism.org"!!

If anyone suffers this problem in the future and end up here looking for an answer: there are not many passwords used on here - "mobilism", "mobilism.org" and the other one that springs to mind is "flexwheeler." There are a few others of the "letmein" variety.

One thing to also check (not in this case) is if the download wasn't 100% complete - this has happened to me from time to time and it causes my unzipper to ask for a password that will unlock the file. So it is always worth trying to download it again, especially if it isn't obvious that it needs a password.
Jun 17th, 2014, 2:56 am

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jun 22nd, 2014, 5:20 pm
Thank you again Carcosa. Found and solved! *resolves to keep a notepad nearby when perusing books just in case*
Jun 22nd, 2014, 5:20 pm