Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Would you like to see the suggested idea get implemented?

Yes 8
47%
No 5
29%
Doesn't matter 4
24%
Total votes : 17
May 23rd, 2015, 2:40 pm
Hi everyone!
I was lurking through my profile page, and saw that it was :shock: very dull.
A profile page must tell about yourself, where users can post about their daily activity, where people can go contact each other personally, Spam each other (in a healthy way) etc, and most imp have fun :)
Currently conversation can only take place in forums or through PM. Talking one on one is very difficult in open forum often leading to misunderstanding between user. Whereas I see many of us use PM but I find it very boring and with the PM limit :? its just a pain in my arse :lol:
Maybe its time to add some touch-up to our favorite site.

So to make it interesting maybe we could add up "Status Box" where user can post - What they have on their mind or if they want to make any announcement they can straight away post in their status or share some funny pic etc.
The Status Box can have
    * A fully fledged WYSIWYG editor or BBcode support.
    * Character limit of 150 letters.
    * Editing option (but with a limit of at-most 5 per day)
    * Max. image size 600 x 400

This is how it might look:
Image Enlarge here: http://images.mobilism.org/?di=KR21

The second thing can be done is to add a "Wall" on the user's profile. Here visitors can come up and post up messages for the user. Like greeting each other, wish HBs, post lovely poems/messages, share jokes.
The Wall will allow users to post on each other and have some direct conversations with people (cos I know people do care and love each other here :razz: )
The Wall can have:
    * A fully fledged WYSIWYG editor or BBcode support.
    * Ability to quote previous post
    * OP will have the power which posts he wants to see on his wall.
    * No Spamming.
    * Character limit of 250 letters.
    * Max. image size 800 x 600
    * A report button for posts which are abusive, bullying, spam or links directing to harmful websites. .
    ** Ability to block certain user from posting on your wall
    ** Ability to enable/disable Wall

This is how it might look:
Image Enlarge here: http://images.mobilism.org/?di=L7E7KYR9

Edit 1: Added new points, Thanks to Shardz
Edit 2: Added new Images.
Edit 3: Added poll.

So I URGE the Staff Members, Moderators and Dev Staff to consider adding these interesting features into our lovely site so as to make it a more socially connected. :wave:
If you have any suggestion or have something to discuss about please post below.
If you think I'm asking for a lot, then be ready to get used to it cos I have some interesting plans in my mind :lol:
May 23rd, 2015, 2:40 pm
May 23rd, 2015, 3:20 pm
I really like this idea as it could supplement the sole communications system currently available, which would be the PM function. As I am personally not a big fan of the Wall idea, which is an inherent feature within other circles, I believe it would be a cool idea to implement if presented as an option. As long as these features can be disabled in the user control panel, I'd be glad to see more methods of communications for site members.

Regarding the Status function, I really like this idea; however, as I'm always here, I personally would have little use for it. I do like the idea of having the option available just in case I need to globally inform the masses that I'm out on tour in Japan (as a ridiculous example). There are a few issues of concern with this information; formatting, security and abuse. A character limitation would need to be set to prevent users from typing in paragraphs to make a mess of their mini-profile. It was also need to be tweaked to looked pretty and non-distracting. People would also need to be aware that informing the world that you are not home and on vacation isn't the most clever idea, for obvious reasons. And finally, these Status boxes cannot contain any objectionable material or links to harmful sites, which would result in a warning or possible ban. Just some thoughts, but I always like the idea of more options.
May 23rd, 2015, 3:20 pm
May 23rd, 2015, 3:46 pm
Shardz wrote:I really like this idea as it could supplement the sole communications system currently available, which would be the PM function. As I am personally not a big fan of the Wall idea, which is an inherent feature within other circles, I believe it would be a cool idea to implement if presented as an option. As long as these features can be disabled in the user control panel, I'd be glad to see more methods of communications for site members.

Regarding the Status function, I really like this idea; however, as I'm always here, I personally would have little use for it. I do like the idea of having the option available just in case I need to globally inform the masses that I'm out on tour in Japan (as a ridiculous example). There are a few issues of concern with this information; formatting, security and abuse. A character limitation would need to be set to prevent users from typing in paragraphs to make a mess of their mini-profile. It was also need to be tweaked to looked pretty and non-distracting. People would also need to be aware that informing the world that you are not home and on vacation isn't the most clever idea, for obvious reasons. And finally, these Status boxes cannot contain any objectionable material or links to harmful sites, which would result in a warning or possible ban. Just some thoughts, but I always like the idea of more options.

* I was about to add the option to disable wall as some users might not be comfortable. But I think everyone will love this feature. :)
Others Topic such as post which are spam, containing abusive language or links to harmful websites can be reported with report button. The reported post will be looked by a MOD and ultimately removed and the poster will be given a warning. Plus OP will have the power to delete any other users post on his wall if he finds it inappropriate.
* Plus we can add a feature which will block certain user which you don't want to post on your wall.
Also I have already mentioned that there will be a character limit of 250 letters (the actual no. can be dicussed) with max. image size of 800 x 600 (res. can be discussed).
And ultimately more rules (can be discussed) can be applied if these features get added. So far this is just how it might look like.
* Status box can help other know whether you are online or not, for ex. Guy1731 was recently off for a vacation due to which a lot of contests were stopped. He was smart to send his message through his profile image, but for some users it was still unclear. This is where the status box can work :) It will also help others know "what is on your mind?" or the Admin/Mod can make their announcements through their profile itself.
Also it will not only help others know of your whereabouts but also will showcase your creativity (and I know there is a ton talent here ;)) as an writer, artist etc. Whereas Wall can work as one on one conversation/opinions or a place to have some fun.

I personally feel that this system would bring everyone closer together as a community. And one day we will ultimately take up twitter and facebook, in short I'm talking about "World Domination" :lol: ;) - Don't take it seriously :lol:

Thanks for your opinion and support Shardz, greatly appreciated :)
May 23rd, 2015, 3:46 pm
May 24th, 2015, 8:36 am
The Wall

I think a wall-feature will allow users to communicate more openly, more broadly than the restrictive PM exchange that is wearily flat.
This website has evolved from a traditional forum board to a broader collective platform for exchanging ideas. It's bigger than a Community board now.
As for spamming, I've seen a fair share of forum boards on the internet and this website has really shocked me in how there's absolutely zero spam - in my time here, I've only seen two - compared to other forums, this is a huge success.
While I can't be sure, I do think there'll be no spams, if and when, these features get added.
Now there are books, apps, contests, which we all love, but what I liked best about this website are the people. [I'm not really a book/app - lover.]
We might have our apprehensions and reserved judgments about this feature, but I'm assured that in the long run, if this feature gets implemented, we all will have much to be thankful for, to Awesum!!
If some think this is just an attractive feature, well, think again. This is a very practical idea with a huge potential and which will undoubtedly be of great advantage in the long run. With a new member joining every new minute, the inevitability of this idea can't be ignored.
The Wall feature will be a successful acquisition, a valuable addition, to all the other admirable features this wonderful site has to offer. The profile page must be more developed, more revealing while being guarded :wink:, and more communicative while being private. And that could only be achieved via an on/off private Social media Wall.
I like the degree of reciprocity this feature will offer to users, and it might be safe to think that this will actually help the site in gaining an even larger userbase, and, thus will help in further deepening the depth-less vault which houses such an appreciable collection of books, apps, wonderful contests.

It just needs a little foresight to see the innovations this idea will bring for the community as whole.

My Vote: +v :D

Status Box

This sounds good, but what's the use if we already have a Signature option. If someone is on holidays, signatures are the best way to inform people.
Signatures are not permanent, I don't see a great difference between two.
But then, this is just my opinion. :wink:

My appeal

I join Awesum!! in this appreciable endeavor, to convince the staff members of at least looking into - and discussing - this insightful idea, and to meditate on the positive aspects implementing this will bring to the users, the satisfaction and privileges this will mean for the users, the additional perks that will just add to the enjoyment of this, my fav. site. :D

P.S.

Awesum!! wrote:The Wall will allow users to post on each other and have some direct conversations with people (cos I know people do care and love each other here :razz: )

Ohh, so you know who I care for and love here. :P :lol:
May 24th, 2015, 8:36 am

Be like the Leaves
May 24th, 2015, 9:58 am
But of course.
Users can't comment upon signatures.
Whereas, if we have an option of a Status Box, we can comment upon the status of users.

That's surely a great advantage. :wink:
May 24th, 2015, 9:58 am

Be like the Leaves
May 24th, 2015, 11:46 am
Isak wrote:But of course.
Users can't comment upon signatures.
Whereas, if we have an option of a Status Box, we can comment upon the status of users.

That's surely a great advantage. :wink:

Signatures are meant to be permanent, I don't see many user changing them every once in a while. Whereas in Status Box you can update it daily and keep you friends / followers / well-wishers up to date.
As I said previously Status Box will not help let people know about your whereabouts but also it can work as a place to share some fun (jokes, funny images, or anything silly :lol:), place to share your creativity as an artist, writer, image / graphics designer etc, place to know let others know what are you doing right now such as cooking, partying, and uhm.. anything :D . While the Wall will be a place to have one on one conversations, greetings and share you thoughts/opinions.
The main goal of these features is to bring everyone up together. I've seen many users who stick up-to certain forums and don't even know about other forums topics, I personally feel like I'm wandering in world of bots :shock: . This features will ultimately help us come up together as a commmunity and I agree with you that this will "help the site in gaining an even larger userbase"
This idea just popped into my mind. I have only done my tiny bit by sharing it here, whereas the real challenge it to make it come true. If it gets implemented, we should all be thankful to the our lovely Admins, Moderators and Developers Staff :clap:
Thanks for the in depth and positive response Isak, greatly appreciated :razz: :thumbup:
May 24th, 2015, 11:46 am
Jun 23rd, 2015, 4:04 am
I just want an easy way to see how much WRZ$ you have without having to go back and look for old posts, unless I'm missing something obvious?

merry60 wrote:Open one of your PMs and click on your name.
Jun 23rd, 2015, 4:04 am