Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 6th, 2015, 8:15 pm
Just a random observation...

The Biography section is done like all the rest, which is logical, but a casual browser is confronted with a blizzard of titles without a clue as to who a book is about (unless it's an autobiography or the person's name happens to be in the title.) Unless soneone is current on book reviews, they're going to miss out on a lot of good biographies unless they do a lot of random clicking just to see who the books are about.

One way of fixing this would be to add the name of the person (i.e.. the subject of the biography) in the title in parentheses. There probably isn't room in the title line to do this, but just throwing the idea out anyway.
Jun 6th, 2015, 8:15 pm
Jun 6th, 2015, 10:35 pm
You are right on both counts, it would be nice and there is no room. So we go with the publisher's decision and use the actual title of the book whether it includes the subject or not. Truth is that most do.
Jun 6th, 2015, 10:35 pm
Jun 14th, 2015, 6:12 pm
I second BobZea. It's truly a very good suggestion and readers can benefit from it.
However, I think Merry is right in saying that some titles do include the name of the person but there are many works out there which have a very philosophical and thought-provoking title without any mention of the person.

Just my two cents:
It would be convenient if, instead of the author's name, the person on whom the biography is based is mentioned in the title.
It's easier to google search any book if you know the name of the author but it's not easier to search all iconic people on whom a biography is being penned down.

Thanks.
Jun 14th, 2015, 6:12 pm