Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jul 12th, 2015, 3:48 pm
Oh, how nice it would be if I could browse New Releases without having to wade through a huge volume of unwanted items in categories I'm not interested in.

Specifically for example, I would LOVE to be able to hide all Romance ebooks from new releases; they comprise well over half the entries and are of zero interest to me.

Thanks for listening! :)

Jul 12th, 2015, 3:48 pm
Aug 18th, 2015, 1:31 am
You can filter out categories/forums in your user control pannel, displayed forums section.

Lets say the mushy-mushy-oh-that-bad-bad-boy-just-sends-shivers-up-my-whowho-by-simply-looking-at-me-romance stuff doesnt really do anything for your own whowho, then you can remove the categories or the forums of the site in your control panel in the displayed forums section.

You just need to be aware that when you hide a category/forum, what you are doing is removing your rights to that forum and all topics within, and the error messages you are going to see will refer to that. It is also a global setting so it affects every part of the site, without exception (or there shouldn't be exceptions anyway - some mod makers aren't very security conscious).

Method to remove the topics/posts from the forums you don't like, in every part of the site.

1. Go to your Board Preferences
  2. Switch your board style to classic (I've had problems with changing my "displayed forums" with BBOOTS theme enabled)
  3. Go to Displayed forums
  4. Drill down to book categories (or anything else you don't like showing up)
  5. Hide boards you don't like
  6. Switch back to BBOOTS theme if you enjoy that theme

Quick note.
As I said earlier, hiding a category/forum is done through the security settings, and the error messages you get indicate that. For example, you will still see in the menu a link to the sections you have blocked yourself from, but when you try to go to that forum, you will get a security related message:

You can, of course, give yourself back access to any category/forums you have a right to. Hopefully, this can be useful to other people as well.
Aug 18th, 2015, 1:31 am