Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Adding M/F, M/M, F/F indicators in the Subject line in Romance & Erotica sections?

Yes 8
89%
No 1
11%
Total votes : 9
Oct 17th, 2015, 1:40 am
There is a poll attached if you'd like to answer yes/no.

I would like to suggest that indicators such as M/F, M/M, F/F be added to the subject line in the Romance and Erotica forums.

I realize that there are other classifications MFM, MMF, FFM, and so on. This could potentially get messy but I think that even if only the top 3 M/F, M/M, F/F were added, it would make sorting through so much easier. There are members who only want books in one of those categories or want books in all but that category.

The Romance section has more posts than all other Non-Fiction categories combined. (Not to disparage the other genres because I read those as well.) If you consider the new Erotica section with Romance it's about 80,000 posts to combined genres approx. 67,000.

I've seen many other posts requesting sub-genres and arguments for or against them. Maybe we could start generically and just separate very broadly with Subject line?

Reading through each blurb to find if the book is in the genre you like is so hard at times. (As a positive it means the forum is thriving.)

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Oct 17th, 2015, 1:40 am
Oct 17th, 2015, 2:23 am
Maybe uploaders could just add a little parenthesis next to the title and author indicating the main theme (ménage) or (f/m)
The advantage for me of having all titles together and reading the blurbs, even if tiring at times, is discovering books you maybe never have found if the forum was segmented by sub genres.
Oct 17th, 2015, 2:23 am
Oct 17th, 2015, 5:28 am
Cmila wrote:Maybe uploaders could just add a little parenthesis next to the title and author indicating the main theme (ménage) or (f/m)
The advantage for me of having all titles together and reading the blurbs, even if tiring at times, is discovering books you maybe never have found if the forum was segmented by sub genres.

That is what I'm suggesting. Not a separation of genres, just an indicator in the Subject/Title line. I read almost exclusively M/M, but occasionally M/F so this would make it easier to choose blurbs I'd be more interested in.
Oct 17th, 2015, 5:28 am
Oct 19th, 2015, 12:47 pm
duckingrun wrote:I would like to suggest that indicators such as M/F, M/M, F/F be added to the subject line in the Romance and Erotica forums.

The Subject line has a limited number of characters and quite often OPs struggle to find a way to fit all the mandatory items: Title of book by Name of author (format). Most of the times other important info must be left out due to lack of room, please read: Request for expanded Subject line in ebook release template
Oct 19th, 2015, 12:47 pm