Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Nov 23rd, 2015, 3:20 pm
Hello to all!
I have some notes/suggestions regarding this site.

I would like to propose a button similar to the "thank you" button by which we can inform the uploader that their links are expired.
That way, when we visit a thread and the downloading links don't work, we can see that someone also tried that before us and has already requested new links. So we don't send a PM to the uploader with the same request and their inbox is not full.
Perhaps we can also click the button, so it may say the number of the users that request new links (similar to the "thank you").

Recently I found out there is a rule on the website that only one thread regarding one eBook is allowed: that means if an eBook already exists, it cannot be uploaded again by another user (in another format). I agree with this in many ways. However, there are some disadvantages:
1. the eBook's links are expired and the uploader doesn't renew them,
2. the eBook is not offered in some file types (for example, only MOBI or PDF and no ePUB),
3. the eBook that is uploaded is badly scanned, or generally in bad quality.
When a user searches for a title and encounters one of the problems above, they can fill out a request thread and write what speciffically they want.
But when a user has a certain eBook that is in a better version than the one already uploaded (i.e. retail vs. badly scanned), there is no way that they can upload it and replace the old file.

Also, a dark/"night" theme of the site would be nice, but it would have to be based on the "classic theme", and not the "mobilism 2" theme, because the "classic" has more info, such as "top 10 books" in the eBook releases section.

Thank you all!
Nov 23rd, 2015, 3:20 pm

Please send me a private message if my links are down and I will try to fix them as soon as possible. Thanks.
Nov 23rd, 2015, 3:27 pm
Another suggestion is to use cloud file services that are free of download managers and wait times etc. Why do people post their files on services that make you jump through hoops to get to the files. Some of these sites take you through screen after screen before you get to a screen where the direct download button is hidden away somewhere in small print at the bottom of the page. Usercloud and Zippyshare are perfect. All members should use them.

max...
Nov 23rd, 2015, 3:27 pm
Nov 23rd, 2015, 10:47 pm
maxwelledison wrote: Usercloud and Zippyshare are perfect. All members should use them.
It would be perfect if someone could get Zippyshare to maintain our files for a long time, instead of the 30 days after the last download, those links die like flies. What's perfect for downloaders can be a nightmare for uploaders.
A long time ago and after my complaint about a particular filehost, a moderator told me to start uploading files to hosts every day, systematically, and get back to her when my accounts started to get suspended for violation of their TOS. After my third or fourth deleted account I never complained about filehosts again. Perfect hosts do not exist.
Nov 23rd, 2015, 10:47 pm
Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:38 pm
gkz wrote:However, there are some disadvantages:
2. the eBook is not offered in some file types (for example, only MOBI or PDF and no ePUB),
When a user searches for a title and encounters one of the problems above, they can fill out a request thread and write what speciffically they want.
But when a user has a certain eBook that is in a better version than the one already uploaded (i.e. retail vs. badly scanned), there is no way that they can upload it and replace the old file.
Yes, there is. Please read here:

Subject: [IMPORTANT] Rules for the ebook section

Reposting releases (bad quality files, ARC files, absent posters)
  • Bad quality files/Obsolete formats: Contact a moderator if you can offer a better quality file than the one already posted. Posters of lesser quality files will have the right to replace with better versions within 24 hours from notice before the post is removed to make way for a new release.
  • ARC files: Releases with ARC files can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "Reposted here with retail (link)".
  • Absent/Inactive posters: Releases by absent/inactive posters can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "OP inactive, reposted here (link)".
      Important:
    • Make sure the Original Poster is no longer active before reposting a release. If there is no signature indicating that the OP is not replacing links, check the 'last visited' info in the user's profile: posters are considered absent after 4 weeks since the last login. If in doubt, contact a moderator.
Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:38 pm
Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:50 pm
merry60 wrote:
gkz wrote:However, there are some disadvantages:
Yes, there is. Please read here:

Subject: [IMPORTANT] Rules for the ebook section

Reposting releases (bad quality files, ARC files, absent posters)
  • Bad quality files/Obsolete formats: Contact a moderator if you can offer a better quality file than the one already posted. Posters of lesser quality files will have the right to replace with better versions within 24 hours from notice before the post is removed to make way for a new release.
  • ARC files: Releases with ARC files can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "Reposted here with retail (link)".
  • Absent/Inactive posters: Releases by absent/inactive posters can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "OP inactive, reposted here (link)".
      Important:
    • Make sure the Original Poster is no longer active before reposting a release. If there is no signature indicating that the OP is not replacing links, check the 'last visited' info in the user's profile: posters are considered absent after 4 weeks since the last login. If in doubt, contact a moderator.

That is good to know. I didn't remember that part at all! Some time ago I tried to upload a better release of an eBook, but because I didn't remember the right procedure my thread was deleted. But I plan to do it for some titles in the future.
Thank you for your reply.
Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:50 pm

Please send me a private message if my links are down and I will try to fix them as soon as possible. Thanks.
Dec 19th, 2015, 6:41 pm
Can we have a separate Sci Fi and Fantasy the amount of releases has increased in those categories.

merry60 wrote:Not possible, unfortunately. Please read this thread, post #2 in particular: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1276864
Dec 19th, 2015, 6:41 pm