Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Dec 3rd, 2015, 3:10 pm
I don't know if this is an issue and I realize there are rules but I've noticed something happening with the requests forums of late and it's become tedious and petty. I understand that only allowing two bumps to a request topic per user is part of the forum rules, but if someone is NOT violating the rules, is it really necessary to attach a message to a user's post that he or she has reached the two bump rule? The majority of us know what the rules are and we follow them. The warning messages should only be used if someone hits a third a message bump. I don't believe it's necessary to be tedious about it and post a message to a user's second post about the two bump minimum.

The reason? I had noticed this happening to other users in the request forum and it was finally posted to a a second bump in a request topic that I had posted in. If someone exceeds the two bump rule, I'm in support of enforcing the forum rules with such messages but I don't think it's really necessary to be actively searching topics and posting warning messages to who has posted a second bump message to a request topic. For the simple fact that they have not violated the rules yet.

I do think that this needs to be addressed by the forum staff. I'm not trying to stir up drama about this but it seems to be happening more frequently, of late. I actually run a forum community, have been for more than ten years and my staff doesn't jump into action until the forum rules have actually been violated. There just seems to be some miscommunication about these messages.
Dec 3rd, 2015, 3:10 pm

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image
Dec 3rd, 2015, 6:42 pm
We will take your suggestion into consideration, but I hope you realise that nothing we have tried before has worked. Deletion of a third bump has only ever caused a fourth and a fifth and more. One by one users have had to be privately messaged with warnings and links to the rules. Moderating requests is complicated, but the red warning has turned what used to be a nightmare into just a difficult task. Thanks for your comments, though. Interesting.
wolfe426 wrote: The majority of us know what the rules are and we follow them.
Dec 3rd, 2015, 6:42 pm
Dec 10th, 2015, 11:18 am
Thanks, merry. I wasn't attempting to turn this into an issue and I could see where warnings come into place if users violate the rules by posting a third bump. I've run similar issues on my own community but generally speaking, the majority of my users follow the rules. I do recognize that the task is impossible. I just hate to see this wonderful community overtaken by warning messages when such messages aren't really needed. It just provides nothing more than an incentive to pad post counts. When someone repeatedly violates the rules in my community or if the same rule being violated over and over again, I have resorted to placing restrictions on user accounts who violate that policy. But, in this case, it kind of becomes its own problem when verbal warnings are being handed out for not violating the forum policy. I just found it kind of odd that warnings were being issued when the rules weren't being violated.

I had to stop posting ebook shares on another popular ebook community because their forum staff were getting ridiculously insane about posting ebook shares. It just became a ridiculous situation that I could no longer support, even though I had shared a lot of rare ebooks on their community. Thankfully, Mobilism has never gotten THAT out of control. But, I do recognize that the administration here has a difficult situation on their hands with so many users violating the posting policy.
Dec 10th, 2015, 11:18 am

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image