Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Dec 30th, 2015, 3:26 pm
Don't know what's going on with the posting of ebooks but there a lot of members violating the forum rules by not linking to previous books in the series, through a new topi,c they are posting links for. In the past week, I have seen, quite literally, hundreds of ebooks in the Science Fiction and Fantasy forum where someone will post a link to a single ebook in a particular series and they are not posting links to other books in the series (as they are required to do, according to the rules of the forum). It's become so heinous that it would take too long to report each infringement of the forum rules.

When I've done something similar, I've always received a personal message from a moderator informing me that I violated the posting rules. What happens is that the topic title only includes the name of the ebook (not the series name, which is a requirement of the rules) but when you click on the topic title, the name of the book series is included within the topic itself.

I'm just curious if the forum rules no longer apply and if everyone is now allowed to get away without posting links to other books in the novel series that we're posting? If not, then there are quite a number of members violating the forum rules. I'm only downloading in the Science Fiction and Fantasy forum but I'm sure this is also happening in other forums because nobody takes the time to properly post their ebook shares. It makes it more difficult when posters aren't including links to other novels of the series that they are posting.

For instance, I've seen topics where users will post a topic to the third novel of the series, but they don't bother to post links within their topic to other books in the series that are posted here on Mobilism. This means that a user has to go through the trouble of searching the goodreads.com site for other books in the series and then come back here and do a search for the author and series of the book. These infringements aren't being enforced by the forum staff or that the topic creators aren't correcting their own topics through the posting requirements.

If I were to report each topic that violated this rule, I would be submitting hundreds of reports on a daily basis and this isn't something that regular members should be doing when the infringement of the rules is on such a large scale. I've found instances of hundreds of topics made my multiple members where this is happening.
Dec 30th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image
Dec 30th, 2015, 4:11 pm
Hi , Just to clarify the query the rule no longer applies..... which is why you can't find it in the Rules, there is no need to keep a rule after it has been discontinued and so a link to any other books in the series is no longer required I hope this clears things up :-)
Dec 30th, 2015, 4:11 pm

♥ PINK ♥

Unable to re-up at the moment so please ask a mod to expire any posts with dead links
Dec 30th, 2015, 5:06 pm
Then the rules regarding posting must have been changed recently. I know when I signed up in 2013, that the rules had always required linking to other books in the series, if the links were posted here on Mobilism. Why Mobilism would back that rule, it was always good that links to previous books were required in such topics.
Dec 30th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image
Jan 4th, 2016, 11:43 am
Yes it was, it started as a courtesy but it had become too much work, the number of posters has grown enormously and most of them were either constantly complaining or constantly forgetting, which caused a tremendous amount of unnecessary work for moderators. We listened to the posters' main argument: they do all the work and share the books, the only thing downloaders have to do is search. And the search works the same for downloaders as it does for uploaders.

Many of us still add the connecting links to previous books, though ;-)
Jan 4th, 2016, 11:43 am

♥ PINK ♥

Unable to re-up at the moment so please ask a mod to expire any posts with dead links
Jan 5th, 2016, 11:09 pm
Hi, first of all, I really do appreciate all the work that mods do. I know is must be a thankless task. Second, a question - is there any one place where rule changes - additions, deletions, modifications - are posted?
Jan 5th, 2016, 11:09 pm

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Jan 7th, 2016, 6:01 pm
PollyannaRoe wrote:Hi, first of all, I really do appreciate all the work that mods do. I know is must be a thankless task. Second, a question - is there any one place where rule changes - additions, deletions, modifications - are posted?
We normally post in the General Discussions section of the Club, where the thread is stickied and stays for a long time. Here's our last announcement: viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=1125137&p=2689580#p2689580 Thank you for your kind words also.. PINK :D
Jan 7th, 2016, 6:01 pm

♥ PINK ♥