Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jan 25th, 2016, 7:12 pm
I love being able to see book covers and read short descriptions of books instead of just the titles like the view for new releases here:
portal.php?mode=articles&block=ebook

But sifting through all of the new ebook releases when I only want to peruse a particular category ( like all the new educational books or all the new scifi/fantasy) is a bit of a pain. I'm not searching for a specific book, I'm just wanting to browse the new ebooks of a category but with summaries and book covers visible.

Is there a way to apply the portal view to categories of ebooks or could someone help me to make a userscript for greasemonkey to do this ( if that's possible) ?
Jan 25th, 2016, 7:12 pm
Jan 25th, 2016, 7:37 pm
Perhaps enabling the hovering option can help you see the lastest post without needing to click on that specific release.

Board preferences > Edit display options > Display last post when hovering over link

It's not much, but that way you can read the overview & other specifics of the post. You won't be able to see the cover though.
Jan 25th, 2016, 7:37 pm
Jan 25th, 2016, 8:48 pm
It's a good start! Thanks! :)
Jan 25th, 2016, 8:48 pm
Jan 31st, 2016, 10:51 pm
Jhudora wrote:It's a good start! Thanks! :)

If there are categories you know you won't ever be interested in and you don't want to see threads from that subforum ever (portals, search, etc.) then you can opt-out of those forums. Instructions in a post I made here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1180582
Jan 31st, 2016, 10:51 pm