Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Feb 20th, 2016, 7:29 pm
Thank you for the suggestion/feedback, I guess :?
Feb 20th, 2016, 7:29 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 7:33 pm
PinkWorld wrote:Thank you for the suggestion/feedback, I guess :?

Heh, just be careful with that site...
Feb 20th, 2016, 7:33 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 7:37 pm
XDA Senior Moderator wrote:
PinkWorld wrote:Thank you for the suggestion/feedback, I guess :?

Heh, just be careful with that site...

Careful is my middle name :lol:
Feb 20th, 2016, 7:37 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 8:46 pm
What I want to know is, as long as you don't click on suspicious links, how much can they install on their own
Feb 20th, 2016, 8:46 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm
lookingfor wrote:What I want to know is, as long as you don't click on suspicious links, how much can they install on their own
Nothing. That's the thing, between Chrome's false positives and people clicking the wrong buttons, this situation is creating unnecessary alarmism. I stopped using Chrome for my downloads because one thing was to warn me that a site might be dangerous, an entirely different story was to completely block my access to the alleged "dangerous sites" when I knew them to be totally safe. That was going too far with the "security" features, it was totally big brother.
Feb 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm
Feb 21st, 2016, 1:26 am
I have Adblock Plus installed on Firefox and it also prevents me from going forward. Only recently did I notice that you could proceed anyway, I might have overlooked it before though.
It also stops a download even if it deemed the site safe. I click the download button, then notice it is not in my folder. The download menu shows it as failed and stopped it. By that time I have already closed the tab and often don't remember what book it was. Highly irritating.
Feb 21st, 2016, 1:26 am
Apr 10th, 2016, 10:27 pm
I'd like to suggest using Sandboxie. Sandboxie will sandbox all browser activity, including any attempted installs by rogue sites of programs to your operating system: if anything does get by you and installs, it will install within the sandbox. You merely clean the sandbox out and you're back to your prior settings. I have been using it since it was created over eleven years ago, over 99% of my browser use and time has been within the safety of the sandbox. It takes some learning to use, but these drive-by issues with rogue sites and downloads are taken care of. I have never had anything get by Sandboxie. I will mention that further security is provided by Returnil, which has been protecting my operating system for the past 6 years: anything, anything, gets out of Sandboxie it will merely run into a virtualized system outside the sandbox. My interrnet experience is thus a tranquil, pleasing, noncluttered experience.
Apr 10th, 2016, 10:27 pm
May 18th, 2016, 10:02 am
Thats because uploads.to upload.to, and just about every damn link MM uses is shit. They need to use Mediafire only. or zippy, zippyshare doesnt have as many features but atleast its not full of exploited spam sites and is generally a 1-click process like mediafire.
May 18th, 2016, 10:02 am
May 25th, 2016, 10:03 pm
You can turn off off phishing & malware warnings in Chrome to avoid alleged "false positives"

1. Open Chrome.
2 In the top right, click the icon you see: Menu or More or three horizontal bars...
3. Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
4. Under "Privacy," uncheck the box "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites."

Then I would suggest doing a full backup of your data since no one really knows a false positive from a true positive. :shock: Personally, I would tend to trust Google and look for other sites/links to get what I want.
May 25th, 2016, 10:03 pm

D53
May 27th, 2016, 1:21 pm
bigd53 wrote:Personally, I would tend to trust Google and look for other sites/links to get what I want.

Good! I so hope you do and stop bitching and moaning here!
May 27th, 2016, 1:21 pm
May 27th, 2016, 4:54 pm
If y'all would buy the Mobilism Downloader, that would take care of you - Downloader tames almost all of the popups. Well worth the money!
May 27th, 2016, 4:54 pm