Suggestions and feedback for Mobilism.
Dec 29th, 2016, 1:28 am
There's an alternative, you could join a book club, pay a monthly fee etc. You could pay for a premium membership either here or on a file host. Other wise it seems to me no one has an obligation to hand you anything for free. Not to be rude but it's true. I pay for my uploaded account, I pay for my rapidgator account. In return I use them to host files for the simple reason that they give me credits towards free membership. When you pay 50 bucks or more for a year of premium getting a month or two for free here or there is worth it. Now granted I'm not one of the major uploaders here, I don't post hundreds of files a day and rack up thousands of downloads like they do. Maybe they make a lot of money I don't know, but that's their prerogitive and just maybe they pay a bit out to be able to get those files for you. Seems to me people always think it's free to do this, it's not, you pay for hosts, you pay for a vpn, you pay in your time spent if nothing else. You do have a choice not to use their links though.

But I'll say one thing, if you ban those people and filehosts you'll have about 5% of what there is now to choose from I'd bet lol and then where will you be?

Just my opinion though. :wave:
Dec 29th, 2016, 1:28 am

Image
Please pm me for re-upload if all links are down, thank you!
Jan 13th, 2017, 11:04 pm
OneTiger64 wrote:There's an alternative, you could join a book club, pay a monthly fee etc. You could pay for a premium membership either here or on a file host. Other wise it seems to me no one has an obligation to hand you anything for free. Not to be rude but it's true. I pay for my uploaded account, I pay for my rapidgator account. In return I use them to host files for the simple reason that they give me credits towards free membership. When you pay 50 bucks or more for a year of premium getting a month or two for free here or there is worth it. Now granted I'm not one of the major uploaders here, I don't post hundreds of files a day and rack up thousands of downloads like they do. Maybe they make a lot of money I don't know, but that's their prerogitive and just maybe they pay a bit out to be able to get those files for you. Seems to me people always think it's free to do this, it's not, you pay for hosts, you pay for a vpn, you pay in your time spent if nothing else. You do have a choice not to use their links though.

But I'll say one thing, if you ban those people and filehosts you'll have about 5% of what there is now to choose from I'd bet lol and then where will you be?

Just my opinion though. :wave:


Late to this but here's my take:

I chose Tusfiles as my main as it seems to me to be the best balance between sharer and downloader. I pay for the ability to store files indefinitely for about $80 a year. Tusfiles then pays me between 5-9 dollars a month, depending on downloads, which I use to offset the cost of the fee I pay them. For the sharer as long you have an adblocker installed you will only have to click on the download button a few times and close the new tabs to get your file.

If anybody has any issue getting the stuff I share you are free to PM me and I will work with you to get my stuff. I have a lot of sources to get stuff and just want to share the stuff I get. :)
Jan 13th, 2017, 11:04 pm

Banned member.
Jan 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm
I've recently started getting popups and redirects -- and even an occasional screen freeze -- from Zippyshare. I still prefer it to just about any other site, thanks to the lack of captchas and no DL limit.

My sh*t list:

Dailyuploads -- I won't go here at all no matter what the book; gave me a "Redirect of Death" that froze my PC and forced me to reboot.

Tusfiles -- hate going here almost as much -- have gotten the "RoD"

The crap list:

Uploads.to -- endless popups and an occasional "Redirect of Near Death", though I figured out if you press the Escape button you can usually work your way out.

Hulkload -- ditto

Uploaded -- L-o-n-g time limit and if you make even any slight mistake in your captcha, or don't use it in time, you will be prevented from using the site just as if you'd DLed successfully

Rapidgator -- Ditto. For some unknown reason these last two sites are very popular on Bolt.cd. One reason I much prefer Mobilism.
Jan 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm
Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:09 am
I've gotten two virus's directly from download "attempts" here recently. There is a lot of great book content but it has frankly become far too risky to use one or more of the half dozen crap links provided...


Granted i share personally purchased content on another site that has strict site rules and a great community. There are a number of members from there that share here and use monetized links here and clean links (mediafire, zippy, rapidgator, UL) on that site.

I find that i visit here, see something i like, if its a crap link and its not available elsewhere i buy it and share at another site.

Members above can get defensive about posting content but frankly i share books because i like to, i also share books i have scanned and ocr'd - but not here.

Much as i hate to say it, but as this site devolves into the wild west of virus laden browser locking download links (when there are many viable safe alternatives), people will stop coming. Not worth a headache on my pc or a possible risk of compromised personal data for the sake of a 2 dollar ebook...
Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:09 am
Online
Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:15 am
JozefKafka wrote:I've recently started getting popups and redirects -- and even an occasional screen freeze -- from Zippyshare. I still prefer it to just about any other site, thanks to the lack of captchas and no DL limit.

My sh*t list:

Dailyuploads -- I won't go here at all no matter what the book; gave me a "Redirect of Death" that froze my PC and forced me to reboot.

Tusfiles -- hate going here almost as much -- have gotten the "RoD"

The crap list:

Uploads.to -- endless popups and an occasional "Redirect of Near Death", though I figured out if you press the Escape button you can usually work your way out.

Hulkload -- ditto

Uploaded -- L-o-n-g time limit and if you make even any slight mistake in your captcha, or don't use it in time, you will be prevented from using the site just as if you'd DLed successfully

Rapidgator -- Ditto. For some unknown reason these last two sites are very popular on Bolt.cd. One reason I much prefer Mobilism.



Uploaded and rapidgator are popular at bolt because most of us there have paid subscriptions to one or the other - links stay up a long time and are insanely fast if you have a membership. Also for the books section, only a couple of members use gator or ul primarily to post large collections with long term links. Zippy is still the most common site used (i use it exclusively) because its fast, free and has no captcha requirements. Ul and gator are popular for big files like movies because with a paid membership (which is dirt cheap) you get fast downloads and can download multiple files.

Bolt blocks the use of shit download sites for a reason - the members request it and given many of us donate to bolt to keep it active the admins respect that we prefer safe over shit.


Upload ocean is also pretty bad... suprafiles is hit or miss.

Usercloud and filescdn seem pretty decent.
Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:15 am
Online
Mar 6th, 2017, 7:01 am
bookfrog wrote:Bolt blocks the use of shit download sites for a reason - the members request it and given many of us donate to bolt to keep it active the admins respect that we prefer safe over shit.

Please don't make me laugh, Bolt has turned a deaf ear to requests from members to allow more sites for years, they favoured Rapidshare (with all its limitations for free users) until it died a logical death, and Rapidgator, the pioneer of the disgusting box with the "use our downloader" exe file that all your 'shit download sites' copied later. Sure, Rapidgator keeps links a long time if you have paid subscriptions, news flash.
Mar 6th, 2017, 7:01 am
Apr 19th, 2017, 5:24 pm
I fail to see your point though if we are talking about books??? Of all the book links at Bolt, 90% are zippyshare. There are literally only 2 members that I know of that use rapidgator for book sharing.

There are a few other share formats, mediafire, filefactory at Bolt but as noted for books it is mostly zippy.

I personally can't stand rapidgator either. I have an uploaded membership because it's handy to download the odd tv show that I forgot to record.
Apr 19th, 2017, 5:24 pm
Online
Apr 20th, 2017, 3:42 am
I agreee with the OP here. A free unlimited host can be made mandatory in every post. No harm in it.
Apr 20th, 2017, 3:42 am
Apr 21st, 2017, 9:23 pm
SahastraBrahmand wrote:I agreee with the OP here. A free unlimited host can be made mandatory in every post. No harm in it.

Not one but two free unlimited hosts are mandatory in every post. Please read the Rules, thank you.
Apr 21st, 2017, 9:23 pm
Online
May 5th, 2017, 8:34 am
merry60 wrote:
SahastraBrahmand wrote:I agreee with the OP here. A free unlimited host can be made mandatory in every post. No harm in it.

Not one but two free unlimited hosts are mandatory in every post. Please read the Rules, thank you.


I know the rules, Merry. Thankyou though.

I meant to say to make Zippy or Mediafire or Datafilehost-like host mandatory. The one that dont need captcha or any other thing.
May 5th, 2017, 8:34 am

You can call me SB
Exact age of our universe:- http://bit.ly/19datcD
Don't forget to add AUDIOBOOK in title when requesting an AudioBook.
May 5th, 2017, 7:42 pm
SahastraBrahmand wrote:I know the rules, Merry. Thankyou though.

I meant to say to make Zippy or Mediafire or Datafilehost-like host mandatory. The one that dont need captcha or any other thing.

Ah, then you don't mean "free unlimited host", you mean "preferred host", and that's out of the question. If we don't make it mandatory for all posters to use even one of the Premium supported hosts like MERs and Mods do, we are not going to favour one particular host just because some users like it best.

By the way, many people would rather fill a captcha than put up with Zippy's re-directs to pages with adult content. And more than half our posters have lost all their files in one fell swoop when Mediafire deleted their accounts for violation of terms. Not all that glitters is gold.
May 5th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Online