Suggestions and feedback for Mobilism.
Oct 25th, 2016, 12:08 am
I apologize if this has come up before, but I wasn't able to find a topic on it.

Anyway, I really think that contributing ebooks should net people more WRZ$. To be more specific, I'm talking about releases that are posted directly to the ebook sections and not the request board. Right now, all you get is 1 WRZ$ followed by 1 WRZ$ for however many thank yous you get. Meanwhile, participating in contests will net you dozens (if not hundreds) of WRZ$. Contests and fun and I understand that they're an essential part of building the community, but at the same time, ebook sharing forms the core of this website; shouldn't more WRZ$ be given to those who are contributing to the site's ebook library?

I doubt that my suggestion will change anything, but I'm just saying that I and many others would be more incentivized to share ebooks if there was a larger reward for it. I have a ton of ebooks I'd like to share and a ton of ebooks I'd like to request, but the only really effective way to get WRZ$ is to take part in contests. It just bothers me.
Oct 25th, 2016, 12:08 am

Please hit the Thank You button if you like my ebook releases! It's much appreciated.
Dec 7th, 2016, 7:25 am
I agree, the incentive to share, beyond the fact that I like to share, does not seem worth my time very much, but to request a book costs a minimum of 10 WRZ. Also I feel that if you are not registered and logged on then you should not be allowed to download, fine they can't use the search function but they can download whatever they like at anytime and no thanks what-so-ever (hardly seems fair)
If you ever check out freebookspot, there is one user who just comes here to download books to put on that site, where the earn money for ever download. So judging from the lack of response to your post I feel nothing will change. Oh well, I still love this site and the people who make an effort to support it. cheers
Dec 7th, 2016, 7:25 am
Dec 7th, 2016, 4:46 pm
I would understand if there was a way to use WRZ$ outside of Mobilism. If anyone found a way, let me know.
Dec 7th, 2016, 4:46 pm
Dec 8th, 2016, 2:09 am
Sorry, but I am not talking about using WRZ outside of this site, what I don't like is that anyone can download from this site without being registered, and if the are not logged in then the thank you button does not even appear. I have seen a upload of mine viewed over 300 times and I might be lucky to get 5 thank you's, why so many views? if it is a single post, then all the info on the book is there to see without having to actually view the post, just seems odd. I personally don't care that much about the WRZ, it is good to have only for requests, but it just would be nice if the WRZ was a bit higher than 1 to show appreciation for the effort that many uploaders go to, some uploads can be huge (as in megabytes). I appreciate hugely what the uploaders do and always say thank you (also it costs me nothing to say thank you). anyway that is my say for the day... Still love this site.
Dec 8th, 2016, 2:09 am
Dec 8th, 2016, 4:02 am
I have to agree with lilybook on this one, most warez sites download sections cannot be viewed at all if you're not logged in.
For the security of the uploaders alone that's important, but it also keeps the links from being harvested and hence going
down a lot faster. (I have personally seen a couple of books I posted here have over 2000 downloads yet only 300 views
or so with maybe 4 or 5 thanks. I'm not saying that to complain, but as an example btw)
I love this site as well and it's without a doubt one of the best ebook downloading sites around but with the rate at which
sites are going down for the last few years it is an important consideration in my opinion anyway :)

This particular book Mosquitos of Summer has 296 views at the moment
Image
Dec 8th, 2016, 4:02 am
Last edited by OneTiger64 on Dec 8th, 2016, 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image
Please pm me for re-upload if ALL links are down, thank you!
Dec 8th, 2016, 3:46 pm
OneTiger64 wrote:I have personally seen a couple of books I posted here have over 2000 downloads yet only 300 views or so with maybe 4 or 5 thanks.


That type of thing has happened to me, too, which is partly what inspired me to make this post. It's very frustrating when you only get a handful of thank yous, because those are the only source of WRZ uploaders get. I think that you should get a fixed amount of WRZ (maybe around 25) for submitting a book and any thank yous you get just add to that amount.

Like I said in my OP, it just seems like a backwards way to run a book-sharing site. I still think this site is fantastic, but it could definitely be improved. I doubt that will happen though, considering that no mods or admins have responded yet.
Dec 8th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Please hit the Thank You button if you like my ebook releases! It's much appreciated.
Dec 8th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Silvermoon424 wrote:
OneTiger64 wrote:I have personally seen a couple of books I posted here have over 2000 downloads yet only 300 views or so with maybe 4 or 5 thanks.


That type of thing has happened to me, too, which is partly what inspired me to make this post. It's very frustrating when you only get a handful of thank yous, because those are the only source of WRZ uploaders get. I think that you should get a fixed amount of WRZ (maybe around 25) for submitting a book and any thank yous you get just add to that amount.

Like I said in my OP, it just seems like a backwards way to run a book-sharing site. I still think this site is fantastic, but it could definitely be improved. I doubt that will happen though, considering that no mods or admins have responded yet.


It is rather odd that to request a book you have to pay at least 10 wrz usually more but to post a book you only get 1. So I can see your point there. I don't particularly care about the wrz myself, they are useful in requesting a book and you can use them up pretty fast doing that, but other then that I don't see a use for them. (but I'm fairly new here so maybe I don't really know) I think most uploaders share massive amounts of links to get the downloads, the rewards on some sites per downloads can be pretty high I guess. Me I am happy if I earn one month free premium over a years worth of downloading hahaha!
Dec 8th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Image
Please pm me for re-upload if ALL links are down, thank you!
Dec 10th, 2016, 5:21 am
Agree with Silvermoon424 and others on this. In my opinion, the download links should remain hidden until one hits the "Thank you" button.
Dec 10th, 2016, 5:21 am
Dec 10th, 2016, 6:14 am
I quite agree with Silvermoon424 and lilybook that what we shell out on ebook requests is much more than what we gain on posting books to the site. That being said, I would like to add that, the site could make the download links invisible to non-regsitered members and visible only after clicking on 'Thank You'. This can really measure how many people are really interested in downloading the book rather than just browzing.Even if the person does not like the book after downloading, he or she is not at any loss. I have had the same problem of over '1000 views but only 1 Thank You'(that Thank You was from the moderator who approved my release) This hardly seems fair to the uploaders.
Dec 10th, 2016, 6:14 am

PM me if the links are expired.
If you like the books, please click 'Thank You'
Dec 10th, 2016, 9:58 am
Silvermoon424 wrote:
OneTiger64 wrote:I think that you should get a fixed amount of WRZ (maybe around 25) for submitting a book and any thank yous you get just add to that amount.



Yeah, agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also rewards fixed amount of wrz for those resuscitate the expired topic and no more expired topics go to bin.
Dec 10th, 2016, 9:58 am
Dec 11th, 2016, 3:17 am
Datta Ravi Teja wrote:I quite agree with Silvermoon424 and lilybook that what we shell out on ebook requests is much more than what we gain on posting books to the site. That being said, I would like to add that, the site could make the download links invisible to non-regsitered members and visible only after clicking on 'Thank You'. This can really measure how many people are really interested in downloading the book rather than just browzing.Even if the person does not like the book after downloading, he or she is not at any loss. I have had the same problem of over '1000 views but only 1 Thank You'(that Thank You was from the moderator who approved my release) This hardly seems fair to the uploaders.


I personally hate when I'm forced to say thank you before even seeing the link, much less trying to download and even knowing if it's online. Maybe that's just me I don't know, I do agree that the links should be invisible to unregistered users though. At the very least maybe we could use link protectors like kprotector or safelinking. This is one of the only sites I post on where I don't use them and it feels odd to me lol. It's an added layer of protection that isn't that difficult to use. Maybe? Just a thought.
Dec 11th, 2016, 3:17 am

Image
Please pm me for re-upload if ALL links are down, thank you!
Dec 13th, 2016, 4:03 am
Datta Ravi Teja wrote:I quite agree with Silvermoon424 and lilybook that what we shell out on ebook requests is much more than what we gain on posting books to the site. That being said, I would like to add that, the site could make the download links invisible to non-regsitered members and visible only after clicking on 'Thank You'. This can really measure how many people are really interested in downloading the book rather than just browzing.Even if the person does not like the book after downloading, he or she is not at any loss. I have had the same problem of over '1000 views but only 1 Thank You'(that Thank You was from the moderator who approved my release) This hardly seems fair to the uploaders.


It would be so much better if auto-reward worth above 25 wrz rewarded to those upload, refill expired links. This would create a very engaging and active community.
Dec 13th, 2016, 4:03 am
Dec 22nd, 2016, 12:31 am
Some of us did bring this up on the contests discussion thread - a 1 wrz$ reward is too low for ebook releases imo. Considering not everyone has the know-how/access to ebooks in the same ways, people who are expert releasers are able to make good sums of wrz$ even with the currently low base rewards per release and the thanks they get (which are also disproportionately low relative to number of downloads) but those who are still getting in the swing of things do struggle to make wrz$ through releases. Fulfilling requests is also not for everyone for similar reasons. If most people had the same level of know-how, access etc., we would have more than a select group of members who are able to fulfill requests (for which I am always appreciative and do my best to reward fairly). So, relative to effort, I (and others) do think releasers could be rewarded better.

The second suggestion a member made on the thread, which I am seeing here too, was making download links viewable only after a post has been thanked (and this would obviously mean downloads were not visible to un-registered members). If a member isn't interested in a release then they don't have to bother thanking it. But if they are going to download it, I think first rewarding (even if it's 1 wrz$ that doesn't even go from ones own balance) before links are made available is not unreasonable. If the link is expired, you still haven't lost anything from your personal balance. Expired links do tend to be quickly replaced by releasers in most cases, anyway. We all accept that request fulfilling members should be rewarded for their work (where they get a minimum of 10 wrz$ and most books that get fulfilled require 50-100 [some even 200+] wrz$), then releasers should be getting more than just 1 wrz$ for their work. Every thread posted earns a person 1 wrz$, so I think a release thread is obviously not just any thread and should receive a higher base reward. I believe 10-25 wrz$ as was brought up is not unreasonable at all.

I don't wish to rekindle the contest rewards stuff again, but it's been plainly clear to me that reducing contest rewards would not make people on ebooks forum feel/be fairly rewarded. And that's what I am seeing here. Because this is a separate issue and deserves a separate and appropriate solution. Again, I am not looking to start any unproductive arguments here with the contest example. It just provides context for the ways in which the reward system needs an overhaul in specific ways.

p.s. I think if release rewards were raised, then it would need to be done for all the other release sub-fora as well? I am not familiar with forum software etc., but I can see how this might not be as straightforward. The thanking prior to download links showing deal seems more feasible still.
Dec 22nd, 2016, 12:31 am

Please click thanks if you like the release. :)
I've lost my 2013 releases. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Dec 22nd, 2016, 11:18 pm
liza98 wrote:Some of us did bring this up on the contests discussion thread - a 1 wrz$ reward is too low for ebook releases imo. Considering not everyone has the know-how/access to ebooks in the same ways, people who are expert releasers are able to make good sums of wrz$ even with the currently low base rewards per release and the thanks they get (which are also disproportionately low relative to number of downloads) but those who are still getting in the swing of things do struggle to make wrz$ through releases. Fulfilling requests is also not for everyone for similar reasons. If most people had the same level of know-how, access etc., we would have more than a select group of members who are able to fulfill requests (for which I am always appreciative and do my best to reward fairly). So, relative to effort, I (and others) do think releasers could be rewarded better.

The second suggestion a member made on the thread, which I am seeing here too, was making download links viewable only after a post has been thanked (and this would obviously mean downloads were not visible to un-registered members). If a member isn't interested in a release then they don't have to bother thanking it. But if they are going to download it, I think first rewarding (even if it's 1 wrz$ that doesn't even go from ones own balance) before links are made available is not unreasonable. If the link is expired, you still haven't lost anything from your personal balance. Expired links do tend to be quickly replaced by releasers in most cases, anyway. We all accept that request fulfilling members should be rewarded for their work (where they get a minimum of 10 wrz$ and most books that get fulfilled require 50-100 [some even 200+] wrz$), then releasers should be getting more than just 1 wrz$ for their work. Every thread posted earns a person 1 wrz$, so I think a release thread is obviously not just any thread and should receive a higher base reward. I believe 10-25 wrz$ as was brought up is not unreasonable at all.

I don't wish to rekindle the contest rewards stuff again, but it's been plainly clear to me that reducing contest rewards would not make people on ebooks forum feel/be fairly rewarded. And that's what I am seeing here. Because this is a separate issue and deserves a separate and appropriate solution. Again, I am not looking to start any unproductive arguments here with the contest example. It just provides context for the ways in which the reward system needs an overhaul in specific ways.

p.s. I think if release rewards were raised, then it would need to be done for all the other release sub-fora as well? I am not familiar with forum software etc., but I can see how this might not be as straightforward. The thanking prior to download links showing deal seems more feasible still.


I agree, slashing rewards in the contest board but not raising them in the ebook forum hasn't really done anything. I'm not angry at the people who participate in contests for getting so much WRZ, I just think that ebook contributors deserve to get way more than 1 WRZ for contributing to the community's library.
Dec 22nd, 2016, 11:18 pm

Please hit the Thank You button if you like my ebook releases! It's much appreciated.
Dec 23rd, 2016, 6:19 am
OneTiger64 wrote:
Datta Ravi Teja wrote:I quite agree with Silvermoon424 and lilybook that what we shell out on ebook requests is much more than what we gain on posting books to the site. That being said, I would like to add that, the site could make the download links invisible to non-regsitered members and visible only after clicking on 'Thank You'. This can really measure how many people are really interested in downloading the book rather than just browzing.Even if the person does not like the book after downloading, he or she is not at any loss. I have had the same problem of over '1000 views but only 1 Thank You'(that Thank You was from the moderator who approved my release) This hardly seems fair to the uploaders.


I personally hate when I'm forced to say thank you before even seeing the link, much less trying to download and even knowing if it's online. Maybe that's just me I don't know, I do agree that the links should be invisible to unregistered users though. At the very least maybe we could use link protectors like kprotector or safelinking. This is one of the only sites I post on where I don't use them and it feels odd to me lol. It's an added layer of protection that isn't that difficult to use. Maybe? Just a thought.



Even if you do not like the book, you are not at any loss yourself. Thanking the uploader even if you are not satisfied with the book encourages uploaders to add many books. Nobody is forcing anybod to thank all the uploaders, only the uploaders whose books you are interested in.
Dec 23rd, 2016, 6:19 am

PM me if the links are expired.
If you like the books, please click 'Thank You'