Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Do you appreciate unregistered guests could post ?

Yes 1
14%
No 6
86%
I don't care 0
N/A
Total votes : 7
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:30 pm
You can find this HERE

chucy wrote:tutti frutti a culo

I think we've found the Australian guy... :P

Please, STAFF, DO consider again avoiding Guests could post anything without registration.

P.S.: use an Italian dictionary, if you don't know what it means

..._
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Life is what happens while you're makin other plans.
Charlie Brown
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:50 pm
Post deleted. I am opposed to not allowing guest posting. Some guests provide good feedback and make good posts and we have not yet had any major trouble with guests. Occasionaly a few retards appear who post stuff like that. They can be IP banned just like a regular user if they cause a lot of trouble.
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:50 pm
Sep 11th, 2006, 11:04 pm
I already asked, so forgive my double-posting.

I understand your point as a perfect host for all of us, but can't figure out WHY people really interested in posting would be retained by a simple free subscription.
Signature which is commonly requested in any forum, moreover in warez oriented ones, where the risk is bit higher.

Btw, I'm deleting the bad words above in a couple days, to avoid spamming.
Just to underline one of the side effects of ppl anonymity belief
;)

Thanks for answering

..._
Sep 11th, 2006, 11:04 pm

Charlie Brown
Sep 11th, 2006, 11:34 pm
I understand your point. I guess there are two reasons why some people would not want to register. One is laziness and the other one is that they might see it as a threat to them as a member of this site if it ever gets sued.
There are guests who simply say "this works, thanks." Although this is not a great contribution it is still very useful. If I disable guest posting, those people will most likely not post anything at all and even that small remark is helpful. Unless I will be seeing some really annoying guest activity, I dont think its worth to disable guest posting.
Sep 11th, 2006, 11:34 pm
Sep 14th, 2006, 6:44 am
I completely and utterly understand the reasoning behind not allowing guests to post.

Personally, I feel that registration should be required EVEN TO READ the forums.

I know that you want members, lifehacker, but you'll get 'em.

At least TRY it for a bit...

This site is about warezing PPC stuff -- you ain't gonna' lose out if you close it to registered users only.
Sep 14th, 2006, 6:44 am

M1NU51
Sep 14th, 2006, 12:06 pm
M1NU51 wrote:I completely and utterly understand the reasoning behind not allowing guests to post.

Personally, I feel that registration should be required EVEN TO READ the forums.

I know that you want members, lifehacker, but you'll get 'em.

At least TRY it for a bit...

This site is about warezing PPC stuff -- you ain't gonna' lose out if you close it to registered users only.

M1NU51, viewing will be allowed even if I close registration. This site is only 4 months old and most people only know about sites like pxdxa while the Russians have a whole army of Russian ppc warez sites. People need a sort of advertisement to the lock them on here. If they cant see anything at first and the advantages of PPC Warez we will lose half the members we get (currently its about 70 new members a day). I understand that sometimes guests post bs that annoys people but why do you think that would change if they became members? Sure they will have to go through the registration process if they get banned or will have to proxies (if they know what those are) if they get IP banned but all of that is not that hard to do. Many members also post dumb questions, just like some of the questions made by guests. Some guests also make good posts just like many regular members do.

Many useful posts by guests have been made and until I have some serious problems with them I dont think I'll change it. At least not for now.
Sep 14th, 2006, 12:06 pm
Sep 14th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Lifehacker, as said I DO understand your "host" point of view, but - just talking - I don't agree with your classification above.

PEOPLE who WANTS to make good posts, will keep on making BEING registered. They are exactly the same. The only difference, at the moment registration is not required, so is easier to keep unregistering.
If they don't want, moreover they don't want to make good posts

:)

Thanks
Sep 14th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Charlie Brown
Sep 14th, 2006, 8:34 pm
Val3r10 wrote:Lifehacker, as said I DO understand your "host" point of view, but - just talking - I don't agree with your classification above.

PEOPLE who WANTS to make good posts, will keep on making BEING registered. They are exactly the same. The only difference, at the moment registration is not required, so is easier to keep unregistering.
If they don't want, moreover they don't want to make good posts

:)

Thanks

I get your point but I think at least for now I'll leave it as it is.
Sep 14th, 2006, 8:34 pm
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:23 pm
Yes, of course. First emendment, isn't it ! :P
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:23 pm

Charlie Brown
Sep 22nd, 2006, 3:22 am
I'm not thrilled about guests posting. It drives me nuts when I release something and a 'Guest' will post something generic like "wont work on my device'.

Who da hell are you, what the f*ck are you talking about, and go thrash someone else's thread. Thats what I ramble to myself.

I wish I had the power to edit Guests posts in my releases. Or better yet, an option at time of post to 'Allow guest posts' with a check box.
Sep 22nd, 2006, 3:22 am