Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 17th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Question: how do you post the Download Instructions-link so that readers just have to left-click on it to get directed immediatelly to the download site? And why doesn't everybody do that instead of making the readers copy and paste the link to their browser?
Sep 17th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Sep 17th, 2006, 4:25 pm
Guy1731 wrote:Question: how do you post the Download Instructions-link so that readers just have to left-click on it to get directed immediatelly to the download site? And why doesn't everybody do that instead of making the readers copy and paste the link to their browser?

Moved to Suggestions/feedback. You just post the url or surround the link with url tags. Some people post it in a code windows so that its easier to find the link if for example the download instructions are long.
Sep 17th, 2006, 4:25 pm
Sep 17th, 2006, 7:31 pm
Also- posting the url in 'code' boxes forces you to copy&paste as you said. This removes ppcwarez from a lot of admin logs. If you click on a link here, this site gets recorded in their logs. If that's a couple thousand ppl in one day, they'll notice.

What they do then, who knows...
Sep 17th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Retired administrator.
Sep 17th, 2006, 8:42 pm
HAL 9000 wrote:Also- posting the url in 'code' boxes forces you to copy&paste as you said. This removes ppcwarez from a lot of admin logs. If you click on a link here, this site gets recorded in their logs. If that's a couple thousand ppl in one day, they'll notice.

What they do then, who knows...

Forgot to mention that thanks. Yes, its much safer that way.
Sep 17th, 2006, 8:42 pm
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:02 pm
Direct links to file sharing sites is no big deal - but a direct link to a software makers site is just a big ol' red flag to them when they check their referrer logs. I know I scrutinize my traffic at least weekly and check out who is linking to me and why.

Also, after awhile it just becomes habit to code a link... a good habit I might add. :wink:
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:02 pm