Suggestions and feedback for Mobilism.

What two things should we focus on the most?

Interface/GUI 50
28%
Login features (post, thank you, read PMs, etc.) 31
17%
Integration of all forums, not just releases 9
5%
Premium downloader improvements 28
16%
Integrate free downloading (non-premium from filehosts won't open your browser) 50
28%
Other (please post) 12
7%
Total votes : 180
Jul 30th, 2013, 4:47 pm
would it be possible to change the download folder and maybe even change the folders based on the content so for example I can have android apps go to downloads and ebooks go to the ebooks folder as an option. Also would a wishlist be possible where we can add items and than be notified if the item is found later on.
Jul 30th, 2013, 4:47 pm
Aug 11th, 2013, 1:19 am
Tattle wrote:It would be nice to view the text that is near download links. Like the text that says "APK," or "SD Files."

yes it is necessary
Aug 11th, 2013, 1:19 am
Aug 12th, 2013, 9:12 pm
What I'd absolutely love to see is something that automatically unrars/unzips the downloaded archives and open the apks, when you click on notifications.

I'm guessing this source does half the job.

Anyway, great work, trueicecold!
Aug 12th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Fun reviews and stuff.[/color]
Occasionnally a dev.
Aug 12th, 2013, 10:04 pm
blogmaw wrote:What I'd absolutely love to see is something that automatically unrars/unzips the downloaded archives and open the apks, when you click on notifications.

We already have that, its one of the features you can enable in the settings. I guess we should probably make it the default...
Aug 12th, 2013, 10:04 pm
Aug 13th, 2013, 4:51 pm
Oh, lovely!

I didn't notice so, yeah, I think you should opt-in that setting.
Thanks!
Aug 13th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Fun reviews and stuff.[/color]
Occasionnally a dev.
Aug 13th, 2013, 8:01 pm
Here are some suggestions:

1) User selectable download directory. Using Directory Bind or other symlinking apps should not be unnecessary.

2) Partial search support. How can I put this gently? The search engine in Mobilism Market sucks. :P You have to know exactllyu what you want.. a search for the keyword "mobili" should show "mobilism market" as a result.

3) The unzip feature is great. You should add support for extracting RAR archives as well. UnRar 4.0.0 compiled for ARM can probably be used, since it's a binary file, not some lame GUI based unrar-wanna-be.

4) Sign the app with the same certificate so you can upgrade the app.. last time I had to uninstall the old version first before I could install the new one. ;)

According to the android design guidelines, the settings should probably be accessed using the menu-button.. but that's not a deal breaker for me. ;)

Besides from that I love Mobilism Market
Aug 13th, 2013, 8:01 pm
Aug 19th, 2013, 4:59 pm
I would like to see more integration with the forums (or at least more descriptions on download links). This would be useful where a download is device dependent, all the links in the app show together even though there are separate descriptions on site.

Another good option would be to get notification that your premium subscription is about to expire rather than finding out because it just stops working.
Aug 19th, 2013, 4:59 pm
Aug 19th, 2013, 9:09 pm
also when you try to download some epub files it doesn't download and instead tries to open them instead.
Aug 19th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Aug 19th, 2013, 9:18 pm
CuriousTux wrote:also when you try to download some epub files it doesn't download and instead tries to open them instead.

Is this in Mobilism Market or your browser?
Aug 19th, 2013, 9:18 pm
Aug 21st, 2013, 3:18 pm
I know others have touched on it already, but definitely some way to improve search results - especially partial strings - would be incredibly helpful. At this point, I've pretty much given up on the search function because if I don't enter it exactly the way it is listed in the app, then nothing shows up.

Tied into that is update notifications - or even just the update feature period. It seems to me that update only works if the new(er) version is named exactly the same as the current download. And that doesn't seem to always be the case, so I end up missing or skipping updates unless I go and manually search for them (trying different strings to eventually/hopefully find the update)...until I get frustrated and give up. Having it more intelligently track version numbers and pop up some sort of notification update would be great.

Finally, user-defined download pathing would be really nice too. I'm probably one of the last hold outs for external cards, but I try to use one religiously for most of my downloads to save the space on my internal storage for things that simply can't use the external, or things that are accessed more often and seem to operate faster when stored internal. Add to that the ability to path my downloads to a place where I can easily sync to my dropbox or other cloud account, and now I'd be one step closer to easy integration across multiple devices (since I have to manage several phones and tablets with the same/similar software).
Aug 21st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Aug 21st, 2013, 7:39 pm
I'm so glad to see you're updating the mobilism app because it really needs it! Besides the search results that others have mentioned I think there should be separate categories for paid and free apps and maybe a category for apps that have been modded with unlimited money or whatever. I hate it when I'm looking at an app on the app and I can't figure out if it's the free or pro version. I think that might help with navigation a little bit
Aug 21st, 2013, 7:39 pm
Aug 21st, 2013, 8:55 pm
Disk4mat the problem is in the mobilism app. Also can we be able to remove favorites from the app as well
Aug 21st, 2013, 8:55 pm
Aug 22nd, 2013, 8:01 am
Automatic downloading from popoular hosters through application. No need to use browser wich in most cases cant download .apks.
Aug 22nd, 2013, 8:01 am
Aug 22nd, 2013, 4:27 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
blogmaw wrote:What I'd absolutely love to see is something that automatically unrars/unzips the downloaded archives and open the apks, when you click on notifications.

We already have that, its one of the features you can enable in the settings. I guess we should probably make it the default...

It would be awesome if this would worked on .rar too
Aug 22nd, 2013, 4:27 pm
Aug 23rd, 2013, 8:36 pm
Automatic update notification for selected apps upon market startup. At the moment you have to check every app manually.
Aug 23rd, 2013, 8:36 pm