Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Do you think this search for dead links is worth the time?

Poll ended at May 15th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Yes 1
33%
No 2
67%
Total votes : 3
May 8th, 2014, 8:13 pm
May I suggest

1) a search of all posts linking to dead sites, such as MEGAUPLOAD, and
2) checking to make sure the content can still be downloaded from the alternate link?

I would be happy to contribute time to do the grunt work of Step 2 for the good of the order, if provided with a list of such posts, and reply to a mod with a list of totally dead posts.
May 8th, 2014, 8:13 pm

7Z file? Free Open Source for 7Z ZIP & RAR 7-zip.org
Suspect a virus?
Check with Virustotal.com - it simultaneously scans files with > 60 antivirus & security products.
May 10th, 2014, 9:59 am
Nice of you to offer, can't speak for others but in eBooks we would rather deal with old posts and dead links as described in the Rules. However, there are other ongoing projects where your help would be most appreciated, please read this thread and send a pm to jaysee if interested, thanks.

merry60 wrote:October 2015: The open request for helpers mentioned in this post was closed when the re-catting team for Fiction was complete, the topic no longer exists so the link will give an error. You can still contact jaysee if you want to volunteer for future projects, thank you.
May 10th, 2014, 9:59 am
Jan 1st, 2015, 4:21 am
marvinQacme wrote:May I suggest

1) a search of all posts linking to dead sites, such as MEGAUPLOAD, and
2) checking to make sure the content can still be downloaded from the alternate link?

I would be happy to contribute time to do the grunt work of Step 2 for the good of the order, if provided with a list of such posts, and reply to a mod with a list of totally dead posts.

Hello. I just got a pm from you advising that my links for a release were dead. I am ALWAYS happy for the heads up on this situation. Of course, I re-upped them, but when I attempted to respond to your message I received the notification that I couldn't do so because you "have disabled private message receipt." That's kind of weird, you know?
Jan 1st, 2015, 4:21 am

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Feb 10th, 2015, 4:54 am
My PM is enabled, don't know why you got that message.
Feb 10th, 2015, 4:54 am

7Z file? Free Open Source for 7Z ZIP & RAR 7-zip.org
Suspect a virus?
Check with Virustotal.com - it simultaneously scans files with > 60 antivirus & security products.
Oct 19th, 2015, 3:55 am
merry60 wrote:Nice of you to offer, can't speak for others but in eBooks we would rather deal with old posts and dead links as described in the Rules. However, there are other ongoing projects where your help would be most appreciated, please read this thread and send a pm to jaysee if interested, thanks.

Thread still broken, still yields

"Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array in /data/forum/includes/session.php on line 2172 Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array in /data/forum/includes/session.php on line 2172 Fatal error: template->_tpl_load_file(): File /message_body.html does not exist or is empty in /data/forum/includes/functions_template.php on line 63"

as it did before.
Oct 19th, 2015, 3:55 am
Oct 19th, 2015, 12:51 pm
marvinQacme wrote:Thread still broken, still yields

"Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array in /data/forum/includes/session.php on line 2172 Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array in /data/forum/includes/session.php on line 2172 Fatal error: template->_tpl_load_file(): File /message_body.html does not exist or is empty in /data/forum/includes/functions_template.php on line 63"

as it did before.

That post was written in May 2014 and refers to an even earlier thread, which is no longer necessary and has been deleted. Sorry about that.
Oct 19th, 2015, 12:51 pm