Keep yourself informed!
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:16 am
Today we have finally launched Mobilism's new design. Mobilism2.0 is a completely redesigned version of the site, featuring a sleeker and more minimalistic look, a more modern approach to how we believe forums should look. It also includes performance improvements that will make the site noticeably faster at peak times.

Along with the cosmetic changes come several new features:
- the new site scales depending on your resolution. If you access the site from your mobile device, it will remove or limit certain elements to fit on your screen. Try dragging your browser's window, you'll notice the forum reacting and scaling elements down to accommodate smaller screens.
- Top 10 topics now working for every forum. If you're in a category, it's top 10 topics will display, rather than just the whole section's.
- Recent Reviews from the eBook section's Review Team in lower right hand corner. For non-forum pages or forums without topics, the list of Top Topics is replaced with Recent Contests from our Contests section
- Mobilism's twitter feed integrated, which we'll start using more now (follow us at @mobilism_org)
- view which users are online in the forum you're in, not just which users are online

Although we did our best to test the new site prior to launching, we still expect there to be some bugs and room for improvement. If you see anything you don't like or that seems to not be working like it should, please post here. We will likely also be making an alternative darker skin shortly. Any feedback is always appreciated, whether positive or negative.

If for whatever reason you don't like the new design you can revert to the old by going Here and selecting "Classic" where it says "My board style:".

EDIT Changes done based on your complaints in this thread:
- post body that was previously plain white changed to a less bright white
- post text color darkened
- topic title and forum title color darkened
- font of posts changed to Tahoma (facebook's font) (changed again later)
- font of forum titles enlarged and changed to Tahoma (changed again later)
- mark topics read added (not just mark forums read)
- topics you clicked on will later appear as light blue rather than same blue as unread ones
- posted by on portal changed to one line
- PM errors when viewing PMs in folders other than Inbox fixed
- title error in eBook Releases and Android Releases fixed
- current time added (scroll over INFO at the top in the header)
- forum listings' and topic listings' backgrounds are now a different darker white (almost grey)
- header smaller
- header color and all other instances of light blue changed to darker blue
- font changed to Roboto
- viewforum and viewtopic headings' height decreased
- links in posts made blue and light blue (if already clicked)
- hover over forum/post changes the table color
- jumpbox added to bottom and top of topics
- top quick-search now searches all forums (instead of forum you're in), second search added at the top of viewforum to search the forum you're currently in
- post date moved to top like in Classic
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:16 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:23 am
Thanks a lot for the new look! Now, could you please tell me where you did hide that "Mark topic read" button please? :)
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:23 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:24 am
The new format is not as user friendly as the old one, at least to me. I don't like the date and time at the bottom of a message. I don't like not having the current time at the top of the page. I'm having a hard time finding where things are. :?
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:24 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:28 am
corwin666 wrote:Thanks a lot for the new look! Now, could you please tell me where you did hide that "Mark topic read" button please? :)

Under preferences in the drop down when viewing a forum.
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:28 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:29 am
Also, where do you click to go to the Board Index? And to New Posts?
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:29 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:31 am
Add me to the "don't like the new look/layout" crowd. The colours are really badly contrasted- they really don't work so well for my tired eyes! Can we have an option to set the colours to something less glaring, please?
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:31 am

Ooookay, so my HD crashed- I lost loads of books. I've managed to get back a big chunk, but I can't remember what's missing!

!'m trying to get them back... one book at a time.

Oct 27th, 2014, 12:33 am
bettyruthe wrote:Also, where do you click to go to the Board Index? And to New Posts?

I believe clicking on the Mobilism on the top "left" corner in the banner takes one to the Board Index page.
View New posts I have located when hovering over Search in the top "right" banner
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:33 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:36 am
I can´t see current date and time. Please where is it? :shock: :?
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:36 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:37 am
White background in posts darkened now.

The color scheme of the new template was based on Microsoft's Outlook Email, and the white in the background was (we made it a bit darker now) the same white used as the background by Gmail, Youtube, Reddit and pretty much every other major site. Unless your eyes get tired on all of those sites, this is more a matter of not being used to the new look. The grey background of the old template was far darker than what is considered normal on websites, most people initially described it as depressing, though I'm sure most of you who frequented the site did not find it depressing after a while. It's a matter of growing comfortable with a certain design.
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:37 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:47 am
Color and layout leave much to be desired. Keep the subject to one line. Lets have an option for the "Classic" look.
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:47 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:49 am
Can we have an option for the classic look? While this one looks nice, it is a little confusing. I liked having the search bar available within easy reach, and the bar on the right hand side with the newest/ most popular additions. Would really love to have an option until the new one becomes more user friendly.
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:49 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:58 am
Plans to return the navigation breadcrumbs to the tops of the subforums?
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:58 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:59 am
I'm not fan of it. It's nice and I do approve the change to a new look, but as other have said here the color combination is awful. My eyes can't take it for too long. A bit less of white would be nice.
Oct 27th, 2014, 12:59 am
Oct 27th, 2014, 1:00 am
Where's the list of books broken down by category? Or are we going to have to scroll though endless romance novels and bodice-rippers before we get to the good books?
Oct 27th, 2014, 1:00 am