Video viewers, mp3 players, remote controls
Aug 27th, 2009, 1:49 pm
Adaptunes v1.1
Requirements: iPhone
Overview: Adaptunes is an application for the iPhone & iPod Touch that will automatically adjust your music's volume according to how fast you are traveling. It is a well thought out application that really does solve a problem that many of us have had while driving in our cars. When you're driving fast with the windows down, the wind gets so loud you have to turn up the volume to hear your music. When you slow down and stop at a traffic light, the music is always too loud and you have to lower the volume. Adaptunes does all this automatically for you.

When you first start the application, you are prompted to add music to the playlist. You can add songs one at a time to a new playlist or you can add a playlist you currently have on your iPod. Then, push play and start traveling! The basic purpose of the app is to raise the volume when you go faster and lower the volume when you go slower. The green bar in the center of the screen shows how loud the music is. There are two sliders to control the minimum and maximum volume levels. So, you can start the music as low as you want at a dead stop and move the other slider to set a max volume when you are traveling fast. There are also several presets for these sliders depending on how you are traveling. The preset options include driving, motorcycling, road biking, mountain biking and skiing. You may not create your own preset, but you can customize the volume sliders to your liking.

The app worked flawlessly when trying it out on the road. While driving, the music gradually became louder as I increased my speed. The key word here is gradually. You can certainly tell that the volume is getting louder, but it isn't an abrupt change, which is nice. There are several increments of volume change. Also, the app is meant to work when the windows are down. It's the wind that gets louder when you travel faster, so using this when the windows are up might get a bit annoying, especially if you are driving in the city when you speed up and slow down often.

A really nice feature to the app is that you can have your iPod's music already playing before you open up Adaptunes. When you open the app, your music will continue playing, but will now be controlled by the app itself. Also, if you quit the app, your music will continue to play. Because Apple will not allow apps to run in the background, quitting Adaptunes will also stop the automatic volume control.

The user interface is very simple. You have the main player screen, the playlist selection and profile selection. You can see the album art of the currently playing song and your actual speed on the main screen. In my opinion the speed indicator is way too large and the player controls are too small. Is it really necessary to have the speed indicator showing at all?

Automatic volume control really is a great feature and Adaptunes is a wonderful application. It's definitely something that will stay on my iPhone, as I often take long car trips where a feature like this would come in handy. The developer promises some great features in the future including social network integration. With that said, if you drive a car or ride a bike, then I highly recommend grabbing Adaptunes right away. You won't regret it.

More Info:
Code: Select allhttp://www.alphaacid.com/adaptunes/

Download Instructions:
http://rapidshare.com/files/272138547/A ... OREPDA.rar
Aug 27th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Support the software & game developers. If you like it then buy it!
Please respect the original links, thanks. :)
Aug 27th, 2009, 4:19 pm
Nice Release. +15 WRZ$ Reward. Category: Media.
Aug 27th, 2009, 4:19 pm