Hurricane v1.5 Requirements:
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.1 or laterOverview:
Hurricane, the most popular and best selling Hurricane Tracking Application for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
2008 iPhone Apps Excellence Award Winner
Are nature's most fearsome storms going to affect you and your area? Hurricane gives you the ability to track these storms on the go using your iPhone or iPod Touch. Satellite images and tracking maps help you see where these monster storms are heading. Text bulletins give you the detailed information you need.
- Atlantic and Pacific Basin Interactive Tracking Map with storm data, generated on your device as it becomes available, throughout the hurricane season.
- Tracking map that is not just an image, but an interactive tracking map which allows you move between tracks, viewing each plot's detailed information including wind speed with the icon, and lat/lon, speed/direction, pressure, date and time in the tab bar. In addition, the 3.0 update includes the distance from each data point to you!
- Learn more about past hurricanes like Camile, Hugo, Andrew and Katrina, just to name a few. All hurricanes back to 1851 in the Atlantic, and 1949 in the Pacific are available!
- Internet Connection required to receive new plots and view new satellite pages and text bulletins.
- Each ACTIVE storm has:
- - Storm Centered Satellite Images
- - Forecast Image Maps
- - Tropical Bulletins from the NHC:
- - - - Storm Bulletin
- - - - Storm Forecast/Advisory
- - - - Storm Discussion
- - - - Storm Probabilities
- - Radar (when available/within radar range).
- Data Feed containing
- - Satellites and Images:
- - - ANIMATED SATELLITES: Tropical Atlantic, East Atlantic, West Atlantic, East Coast USA, Tropical Pacific, West Coast USA, East Pacific, Hawaii, W Central Pacific
- - - Satellites (non-animated): Tropical Weather Outlook Graphics, Hurricane Alley View, Colorized / Rainbow, Sea Surface Temperatures, Water Vapor
- - Text Tropical Outlooks, Discussions and Summaries produced by the NHC
- - Detailed explanation of the Saffir-Simpson Scale.
- - el perspectivas para el Atlantico Norte, el Mar Caribe y el Golfo de Mexico en Español
- - - Boletin y advertencias publica del tempo para tormentas del tropico en El Atlantico Norte...el Mar Caribe Y El Golfo De Mexico...
- All Satellite views updated throughout the hurricane season, and changed to current imagery as they become available.
*Atlantic Basin includes the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf Of Mexico, Caribbean and surrounding areas.
*Northeast Pacific Basin includes the west coast of North America - US west coast, Mexico, Central America and Hawaii
This application is great for
- anyone with interests on the east or west coast of the US
- anyone interested in severe weather or meteorology
- studying tropical system history
- sailing, boating, diving and other water sport enthusiasts
- travelers to the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic Ocean and Northeast Pacific Ocean
- anyone interested in watching these powerful stormsMore Info:
Download Instructions: http://rapidshare.com/files/275174069/Hurricane.v1.5.iPhone.iPod.Touch-iPWNPDA.rar