If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Jan 19th, 2014, 4:56 pm
Ditto the above post
Greasemonkey works well

Thanks
Jan 19th, 2014, 4:56 pm
Jan 23rd, 2014, 7:15 am
yes indead much appreciated. luckely enough i came about the posting before gettting heavily into dealing with all of it & use every day since. Few things I would sugguest is dont over apply/use bunch of scripts. Like with ad-blocker, if you add million host filters, its gunna bog down your browser as well as other issues most likely .. freezing, hard running, etc.
I personally just stick to the script mentioned above and one for zippy & trustfiles with both greasemonkey & Tampermonkey. again good looking out!
Jan 23rd, 2014, 7:15 am

Apr 1st, 2014, 4:15 am
Since Tusfiles started to annoy users more than it's good for:

There are nice ways to circumvent such methods, forcing users to disable their adblockers. Adblockers are the new anti-virus softwares and nobody ever (!) should force users to disable them.

@Tusfiles: Be glad for this post, if you read it. If you force something, users will look for alternatives. Look at our history of threads and how many hosters are gone already. Do you really want to be a part of the dead services? I doubt it.

2 Ways (or both for best results):

• Add following list to your subscribed filters:
https://raw.github.com/reek/anti-adbloc ... ilters.txt

• Install Greasemonkey (Firefox)/Tampermonkey (Chrome) (For links see here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=642204#):
Now go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/155840 and install the script. Done.

NOBODY WANTS TO GET FORCED TO DISABLE ADBLOCK! NOBODY! AND FOR SURE NOT WITH YOUR NASTY DOWNLOADER!
Apr 1st, 2014, 4:15 am

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Apr 19th, 2014, 4:23 pm
I have GreaseMonkey, but I didn't know it could do that. Thanks BUNCHES for sharing that trick with us!
Apr 19th, 2014, 4:23 pm
Apr 20th, 2014, 1:55 pm
Couldnt agree more. :) See more and more of the sites that make u turn adblockers off. Is more of a pain on mobile, seeing that requires rebooting after then your swarmed with ads. I dont get how every other place tries to install mobogenie.. whats with that?
These I Have Found to work decent for me as well:
DirectZippy
Trusfiles Auto Downloader
Apr 20th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Apr 22nd, 2014, 1:48 am
Thanks for the info. I also didn't know of Greasemonkey but now have it installed ;)
Apr 22nd, 2014, 1:48 am
Nov 26th, 2015, 9:30 am
Don't download this kind of stuffs, they are always virus infected.
Nov 26th, 2015, 9:30 am
Apr 12th, 2017, 9:30 pm
FYI, I strongly recommend using Ponydroid (Android app) - it's a paid Android app but you can find it on here and try first. It downloads from a lot of these sites just by entering the URL posted in the release thread. In other words you don't even need to visit the ad-filled sites. It didn't work with every single site, but so far there's been at least 1 link per release that worked for me.

If you use this strategy, I strongly recommend actually purchasing the app, giving it a good rating in the Play Store and then emailing the developer with the sites you want him to add. The app doesn't have many users (probably a bit of a niche app, AND there's no free or trial version, so that makes sense.)

What I'm getting at is the more good ratings the app gets and the more purchases, the more likely the developer will be to keep it updated and keep adding new sites.

As far as I can tell, this is the only app of its kind - there don't appear to be any other download managers that grab download links for you without making you visit the site.

One word of warning - make sure the APK size looks right before you download - I noticed that a couple of the websites would tell me the APK was about 400 KB, which clearly was incorrect (seems those sites must be more crafty about blocking services like this one.) What I've been doing is actually loading in all the links to the APK I want, seeing which work and which look like they're the proper size, and THEN picking one to download.

Hope this helps someone.
Apr 12th, 2017, 9:30 pm
Oct 31st, 2018, 7:40 pm
I`m always using Firefox with addons like: Ghostery, Ublock Origin and popup blocker ultimate. It works great (ofcourse i need to uncheck some checkboxes xD)
Oct 31st, 2018, 7:40 pm