If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
May 14th, 2016, 2:43 am
where does google play books store the books you purchase on an android device? I purchased a book from the google play book store and I am looking for the epub so I can run it through calibre to get rid of drm then share it here. does anyone know where google play books stores that file?
May 14th, 2016, 2:43 am

Link to all my current ebook requests in my profile. I'm appreciate every bump, if you interested in any of this books.
May 14th, 2016, 11:05 am
Try this, not sure if it still works:

To transfer purchased books from the Google Play Store to the Aldiko Book Reader, please follow the below steps:

1. On your computer, go to Google Play Book, and then click on "My Purchases". You will see a list of books that you have purchased from Google Play book.

2. Choose a book, select the "More" menu (3 vertical dots) next to the title of the book, and then select "Download EPUB".

3. Transfer the downloaded file in the SD card/internal storage of your device.
May 14th, 2016, 11:05 am
May 14th, 2016, 12:26 pm
tested just now, still works
May 14th, 2016, 12:26 pm
May 14th, 2016, 8:25 pm
techiee wrote:Try this, not sure if it still works:

To transfer purchased books from the Google Play Store to the Aldiko Book Reader, please follow the below steps:

1. On your computer, go to Google Play Book, and then click on "My Purchases". You will see a list of books that you have purchased from Google Play book.

2. Choose a book, select the "More" menu (3 vertical dots) next to the title of the book, and then select "Download EPUB".

I tried that already and it gives me a 576kb ePub that obviously isnt the graphic novel I'm looking for and caliber can't process it. The book I bought (terminal lance the white donkey) has to be at least 50 mbs since its a graphic novel. I think the file they gave me is a drm key to transfer it to another device but not the actual book it self. thats why I was wondering where gplaybooks stored the books on the actual android device since it has to be in there somewhere
May 14th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Link to all my current ebook requests in my profile. I'm appreciate every bump, if you interested in any of this books.
May 19th, 2016, 5:35 am
techiee wrote:Try this, not sure if it still works:

This gave me an "ascm" file worth 898 bytes. From a Google Play-exclusive 34-page Batman comic book called Endgame. Same with a novel. Worked on Saga #1, a graphic novel, though it's only 17.1 MB, and on another novel, at 898 KB, but it's the full book, to be expected.

BELISARIUSGamgee wrote:I tried that already and it gives me a 576kb ePub that obviously isnt the graphic novel I'm looking for and caliber can't process it. The book I bought (terminal lance the white donkey) has to be at least 50 mbs since its a graphic novel. I think the file they gave me is a drm key to transfer it to another device but not the actual book it self. thats why I was wondering where gplaybooks stored the books on the actual android device since it has to be in there somewhere

See my above comment. Seems to work on some books/comics, but gives an encrypted file for others. They are DRM-protected, which means calibre can't do anything with them unless there's a third-party plugin that can convert them. There are some apps that can read them, though Aldiko isn't one of them.

See here for more info:
http://help.overdrive.com/customer/port ... csm-files-

EDIT: I found a way to convert them, and I'm trying it right now, but ADE doesn't display my Batman comic book right for some reason. Kinda stuck on that.
May 19th, 2016, 5:35 am

Support developers! If you like their work, buy it!

Former Android Mod & Major Releaser
May 19th, 2016, 9:34 am
BELISARIUSGamgee wrote:where does google play books store the books you purchase on an android device? I purchased a book from the google play book store and I am looking for the epub so I can run it through calibre to get rid of drm then share it here. does anyone know where google play books stores that file?

On your main menu on your phone, you will see a Play Books icon, your ebooks will be in there...
May 19th, 2016, 9:34 am
May 19th, 2016, 10:46 am
I figured this out. It's actually really easy.
viewtopic.php?f=413&t=1570442
May 19th, 2016, 10:46 am

Jun 9th, 2016, 3:34 am
UndeadSquirrel wrote:I figured this out. It's actually really easy.

Thanks, the link doesnt work for me though and says "You are not authorised to read this forum. The topic may have been deleted or moved. If you reached this site via google or another search engine use forum search instead." when I try to click it. Could you respost your method? Thanks! :D :D
Jun 9th, 2016, 3:34 am

Jun 9th, 2016, 3:47 am
UndeadSquirrel wrote:I figured this out. It's actually really easy.

also if I use that method and I share the epub file on mobilism or another file sharing site? will the epub file have any data that links to me as the purchaser?
Jun 9th, 2016, 3:47 am

Jun 9th, 2016, 5:16 am
Sorry, they removed it, since that sort of thing isn't allowed on this forum.
Jun 9th, 2016, 5:16 am

Jun 9th, 2016, 5:56 am
UndeadSquirrel wrote:Sorry, they removed it, since that sort of thing isn't allowed on this forum.

ah ok, could you pm it to me if you still have the instructions?
Jun 9th, 2016, 5:56 am